WORLD RECORD BASS

Old January 3rd, 2004, 06:59 PM
Mike

Default WORLD RECORD BASS

Historical marker can be seen at:

alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
=====================================

World Record Bass Marker Near Jacksonville, Ga.

World Record Bass State Historical Marker
Located on Ga. 117 four miles east of Jacksonville, Ga.

Approximately two miles from this spot, on June 2, 1932, George W. Perry, a
19-year old farm boy, caught what was to become America's most famous fish.
The twenty-two pound four ounce largemouth bass (Micropterus salmoides)
exceeded the existing record by more than two pounds has retained the world
record for more than fifty years. Perry and his friend, J.E. Page, were
fishing in Montgomery Lake, a slough off the Ocmulgee River, not for
trophies but to bring food to the table during those days of the great
depression. The fish was caught on a Creek Chub Perch Scale Wigglefish,
Perry's only lure, and was 32 1/2 inches in length and 28 1/2 inches in
girth. The weight and measurements were taken, recorded and notarized in
Helena, Georgia and Perry's only reward was seventy-five dollars in
merchandise as first prize in Field and Stream Magazine's fishing contest.
The longstanding record is one of the reasons that the largemouth bass was
made Georgia's Official State Fish. Montgomery Lake is today part of the
Department of natural Resources' Horse Creek Wildlife Management Area.

134-4 GEORGIA HISTORIC MARKER 1984

Photo and Text Credit to Ed Jackson, CVIOG, UGA, Athens, Ga.
NOTE: As of June 2, 2002, the record has stood for 70 years!

Boner Custom Rods
2025 US 27 North
Sebring, Fl 33870

www.bonerrods.com

863-385-1470

PS. Everybody wants a BONER.
============================

Old January 3rd, 2004, 08:26 PM
D. Norton

This post is one of the reasons why I have gone back to lurking. What would
Forrest Gump say, Spam is, as Spam does . Or something to that effect. And
I personally find his "Sig. tag" offensive on a public forum no doubt read
by children.

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods

Old January 3rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
J Buck

And I personally find his "Sig. tag" offensive on a public forum no
doubt read by children

Agreed. So I'm curious why you attached his post with said sigline. Just
an oversight?

It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to
surprise yourself. It makes you wonder what else you can do that you've
forgotten about.

Old January 3rd, 2004, 10:43 PM
D. Norton

Your right, I keep OE set to include the message in my response. In this
case an oversight !

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods

Old January 4th, 2004, 12:14 AM
go-bassn

A nice tribute to Mr Perry indeed Mike, thanks for posting the pic away from
ROFB. The sad part is the gal in CA's supposed 22.8 pounder that was never
witnessed by anyone that knows what they're looking at has now been
recognized as an official line class record, pretty much smearing Perry's
legendary 1932 record. Very, very sad in my opinion. Seems just about
anyone can scam a record these days lol. How could her fish weigh more than
Perry's if it is shorter & skinnier? One word - LEAD.

lol

Warren

Old January 4th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Craig

If I am not mistaken, Mr. Perry has been excused of stuffing his fish with
lead too. Reportedly, Perry's fishing partner confirmed the use of lead
only days before his death. Real or Urban Legend, whoever holds the record
will be accused of cheating as long as they release the fish. Perry eat his
fish. But I thought if you were going to release the fish, you had to
measure it and photograph it on the rule, weigh it on a certified scale, and
pull at least one of its scales for it to be recognized today.

--
Craig Baugher

Old January 4th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Mike

Coming from another rod company I would expect you to say something like
that. I guess someone would eventually be offended. I would have never
guessed it would have been another rod builder. How dumb of me.

Mike

Boner Custom Rods

in article , D. Norton at

Old January 4th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Henry Hefner

D. Norton wrote:
This post is one of the reasons why I have gone back to lurking. What would
Forrest Gump say, Spam is, as Spam does . Or something to that effect. And
I personally find his "Sig. tag" offensive on a public forum no doubt read
by children.

Surely this is "tongue in cheek". After the posts you made a few months
ago? If you don't care for it you can always kill-file him. Oh wait.
He'll just change his screen name and email address so everyone can see
his posts again. Just like you did.

Old January 4th, 2004, 02:16 AM
\The Shadow\

Henry, Please refresh my memory. When have I ever been as offensive in
either a post or my "Sig"? Oh never mind ,as I said it is posts such as
these that sends me lurking. Maybe you would prefer that I sign off as :

"The RodMaker"

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods

Old January 4th, 2004, 02:22 AM
\The Shadow\

So just why would you expect such a statement to "only"
come from another rod company? Is it not enough that you rely on offensive
advertising slogans to attempt to sell
your rods. Since you have appeared on this Ng you have done nothing but spam
this group. Maybe you should have read the Ng charter before posting here.

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods