extended dubbed bodies

Old October 16th, 2006, 04:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
pittendrigh

Default extended dubbed bodies

It's starting to snow.
That marks the start of the winter fly tying season for me.
Here's what I've got so far:
modular extended bodies you make before you make the rest
of the fly. Are extended bodies important and useful?
Maybe, maybe not. But here it is anyway:

http://montana-riverboats.com/Pages/...y_for_use.html

Old October 16th, 2006, 06:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Larry L

"pittendrigh" wrote

rest
of the fly. Are extended bodies important and useful?
Maybe, maybe not. But here it is anyway:

As is your norm, creative, useful, stuff .... thanks

FWIW, I use extended bodies on a few patterns and think them important and
useful in those situations. More for fly 'balance" and "float" than for in
the vise appearance. In other words, the fly is daintier on the water, and
doesn't drag it's ass as much G giving a more convincing ( the trout seem
to agree ) impression of some of the bigger drake duns.

Old October 16th, 2006, 08:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Opie

"pittendrigh" wrote in message
ups.com...

Sandy, did my pics ever get to you?

Op

Old October 16th, 2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
rw

Opie wrote:
"pittendrigh" wrote in message
ups.com...

Sandy, did my pics ever get to you?

Op

charter.net sucks! :-)

Old October 16th, 2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
pittendrigh

Opie wrote:
"pittendrigh" wrote in message
ups.com...

Sandy, did my pics ever get to you?

Op

No, I don't think so.
I get close to 200 spam emails a day (that's one price you
pay, for having a high-vis website), so it's possible my
Thunderbird spam filter put it in the bit bucket.

Try again.
I love fly photos.

Old October 17th, 2006, 02:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mr. Opus McDopus

"pittendrigh" wrote in message
oups.com...
No, I don't think so.
I get close to 200 spam emails a day (that's one price you
pay, for having a high-vis website), so it's possible my
Thunderbird spam filter put it in the bit bucket.

Try again.
I love fly photos.

It's gonna be a bit more difficult than that. The reason I was asking if
you got my pics is because my 'puter was havin' difficulties. Apparently,
the hard drive is dysfunctional and it had to be put down :~^ (

Once tech support gets thru puttin' the new HD in from Dell, I'll see if I
can send the pics then.

Op

Old October 17th, 2006, 02:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Mr. Opus McDopus

"rw" wrote in message
Opie wrote:
"pittendrigh" wrote in message
ups.com...

Sandy, did my pics ever get to you?

Op

charter.net sucks! :-)

Well yes, but that's a whole 'nother thingy :~^ )

Op