Yo Asadi

Old June 1st, 2005, 03:24 PM
Wayne Knight

Default Yo Asadi

*Yo* being the north of the Mason Dixon line method of pinging.

Mr. Claspy and myself are contemplating a meeting on the Mad June 11th
or 12th. We need a guide, does your retirement make you available?

Or anyone else stuck in the midwest for that matter?

Wayne

Old June 1st, 2005, 06:11 PM
Goat

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message

ups.com...
*Yo* being the north of the Mason Dixon line method of pinging.

Mr. Claspy and myself are contemplating a meeting on the Mad June 11th
or 12th. We need a guide, does your retirement make you available?

Or anyone else stuck in the midwest for that matter?

Wayne

Check this link:
http://www4.wittenberg.edu/academics...er/report.html
GPS locations, access points and check out the map link on the page.
The info was for rec. canoeing but most useful to the fisherman.

If it's trout you are after I kind of like Primtown Rd (bridge south to RR /
north is ok too) just south of West Liberty.
This spot is especially good if it is windy (you can fish with 30 mph gusts
and not be bothered by it).
Sullivan Rd (upstream) is good as well but you need to go to the Mad River
Farm Market to get a parking pass(pretty sure its free) but this can be
avoided by parking at Pike Rd bridge.
From this bridge upstream TU has done some habitat repair/placement.
There are all kinds of access points in Champaign Co. Just about anyplace
there is a bridge, and the land owners are pretty good as long as you stay
in the river and out of their fields.
SR 36 has parking and a good spot at dam downstream from bridge, but this
seems to get fished a lot (but still holds trout).
Dallas Rd upstream is a waste of your time don't bother.
County Line Rd. is good too.
If you are going to fish it on the weekend, get there early. If it is nice
it will get fished hard. (I like hitting it on Wed. & Thurs.)
Other links of interest:
http://www.madriveroutfitters.com/fishing%20reports.htm

http://www.dnr.ohio.gov/wildlife/PDF...hing%20map.pdf

http://water.usgs.gov/cgi-bin/waterw...=real&state=oh

Flows around 240 to 330 cfs are good.
Gage Ht. 3.44 to 3.62 ft.

I have only fished the Mad in Champaign Co. so any info you need south of
that is Asadi's bag, and is more Smallmouth water more so than trout.
If you change your dates to the 9th, 10th let me know.(I work 14 hr shifts
both 11th &12th)

~Chad

Old June 1st, 2005, 06:38 PM
Tim J.

Goat wrote:
snip
Dallas Rd upstream is a waste of your time don't bother.

Ah-HA! The "secret spot"!
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 1st, 2005, 07:05 PM
Wayne Knight

Goat wrote:

If you change your dates to the 9th, 10th let me know.(I work 14 hr shifts
both 11th &12th)

Thanks for the info Chad. I'd love to change the dates to a non-weekend
but gotta put the time into the office. But since this appears to be
the closest semi-decent trout water to Indianapolis, other trips and
chances to meet up might be in order.

Old June 3rd, 2005, 01:10 AM
asadi

Wayne, you have been given better advice by Goat than I have to offer. I
would only add that I often chuck wooly buggers downstream of the route 55
access.

If it were me, I'd try to be there at daybreak. wherever there might be.
Mapquest shows the things pretty well. As I am getting off work that
morning (FOR THE LAST TIME!!!) I couldn't be there before 8:30 or 9:00 and I
expect you folks would be on your 2nd spot by then.

I would like to meet up with you folks, if not for fishing for coffee or
other libations. cell: 937-750-1106

john

Old June 3rd, 2005, 03:28 AM
Wayne Knight

"asadi" wrote in message
m...

If it were me, I'd try to be there at daybreak. wherever there might be.
Mapquest shows the things pretty well. As I am getting off work that
morning (FOR THE LAST TIME!!!) I couldn't be there before 8:30 or 9:00 and
expect you folks would be on your 2nd spot by then.

I would like to meet up with you folks, if not for fishing for coffee or
other libations. cell: 937-750-1106

John:

Neither Bill nor I are going to be there at the crack of dawn, too darn far
to drive and too early to get up and we're too old. My plan is to take it
easy, rest quite a bit and hope for an early evening hatch. We're planning a
late morning meet near West Liberty and I should be driving through Dayton
about 8:30- 9 am. Email directions and I'll pick you up.

Wayne

Wayne

Old June 3rd, 2005, 05:37 PM
Goat

Damn sure stinks I will have to miss this. Would love to meet up with you
guys but what's a guy to do? Bills to pay. Work, work, work...
FWIW, If you end up at Primtown road at any time the parking is on the west
side of the bridge ( some on the edge of road east side too). On the east
side of the bridge there is a access trail that will take you a 1/2 to 3/4
mile downstream before it peters out. From here I bushwhack a bit ( I said
"bushwhack" not break rod tip) down to the old farm road bridge and fish my
way back to the truck or beyond.
It should take a couple hours at least to fish your way back out.
If you all find yourselves looking for the scenic way back home or you are
looking for all you can eat Walleye, the rattlesnake sampler or you just get
lost and find that you are near Covington Ohio, or you want to fish
Greenville creek or the upper Stillwater River for smallmouth, rock bass or
whatever, this is the area I will be working ( and I do get paid to talk to
the fishermen. I consider this a major perk of the job ) Here are a couple
of the main spots I will be in.
http://www.miamicountyparks.com/Stil...terprairie.htm

http://www.miamicountyparks.com/Gree...le%20Falls.htm

We will have to do this again sometime. My schedule comes out about
mid-month for the next month and I work a lot of weekends but I can ask off
days no problem as long as I know it is coming.
John, I will email you my cell # just in case.
Oh and one more thing....there better be a TR posted.

"asadi" wrote in message
m...
Hot Dam! First ever mid-Ohio mini Clave!

want breakfast?

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message

m...