Japanese market

Old February 27th, 2006, 08:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Japanese market

Hi, kid.

I took the T into town this a.m. and managed to find that Japanese
market in China Town. Got the bread crumbs and then caught a cab to
the fish market. So, for dinner we will have a shrimp/scallop/crab
terrine, cleanse our palate with Bolder Berry Alpine Ice sorbet, and
then enjoy Sweet Shrimp Panko. I also got some asparagus which I am
marinating. I'll bake those cloverleaf rolls you like so much.

Stop by the Sudbury wine shop and get the wine.

No desert. Sorry. Maybe some Grand Marnier? d;o)

Yeah, Grand Marnier!

Dinner at 7. *Don't be late!*

Drive carefully.

LY

Old February 27th, 2006, 08:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Dave LaCourse wrote in
:

Hi, kid.

I took the T into town this a.m. and managed to find that Japanese
market in China Town. Got the bread crumbs and then caught a cab to
the fish market. So, for dinner we will have a shrimp/scallop/crab
terrine, cleanse our palate with Bolder Berry Alpine Ice sorbet, and
then enjoy Sweet Shrimp Panko. I also got some asparagus which I am
marinating. I'll bake those cloverleaf rolls you like so much.

Stop by the Sudbury wine shop and get the wine.

No desert. Sorry. Maybe some Grand Marnier? d;o)

Yeah, Grand Marnier!

Dinner at 7. *Don't be late!*

Drive carefully.

LY

Can I show up at 6:30?

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Old February 27th, 2006, 08:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Oh, I'm so embarrassed.

That was supposed to be an e-mail to my wife.

Old February 27th, 2006, 08:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Dave LaCourse wrote in
:

Oh, I'm so embarrassed.

That was supposed to be an e-mail to my wife.

Then it could have been a WHOLE LOT worse!

Enjoy dinner!

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Old February 27th, 2006, 08:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

As soon as I read it, I knew there was a "D'oh!" to follow. g

Joe F.

Old February 27th, 2006, 08:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Dave LaCourse typed:
Hi, kid.

I took the T into town this a.m. and managed to find that Japanese
market in China Town. Got the bread crumbs and then caught a cab to
the fish market. So, for dinner we will have a shrimp/scallop/crab
terrine, cleanse our palate with Bolder Berry Alpine Ice sorbet, and
then enjoy Sweet Shrimp Panko. I also got some asparagus which I am
marinating. I'll bake those cloverleaf rolls you like so much.

Stop by the Sudbury wine shop and get the wine.

No desert. Sorry. Maybe some Grand Marnier? d;o)

Yeah, Grand Marnier!

Dinner at 7. *Don't be late!*

Drive carefully.

Yeah - we don't want her to spill the wine.
--
TL,
Tim

Old February 27th, 2006, 08:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Dave LaCourse" wrote

Oh, I'm so embarrassed.

i don't blame you. i'd rather apologize on r.o.f.f than reveal that i
drank grand marnier.

yfitons
wayno(what's next--sloe gin?)

Old February 27th, 2006, 08:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:45:58 -0500, "Wayne Harrison"
wrote:

i don't blame you. i'd rather apologize on r.o.f.f than reveal that i
drank grand marnier.

Yeah, riiiight. You, the drinker of Smirnoff Vodka. d;o)

Besides, it was a parody.

Old February 27th, 2006, 09:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Coincidentally, I was just sent this by my sister:

A Minnesota couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a
particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where
they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic
schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules, so
the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday, with his
wife flying down the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room,
so he decided to send an email to his wife. However, he accidentally
left out one letter in her email address, and without realizing his
error, sent the email. Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had
just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a minister who
was called home to glory following a heart attack. The widow decided to
check her email expecting messages from relatives and friends.

After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted. The widow's
son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the
computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I've Arrived
Date: October 16, 2004
I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now
and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones. I've just
arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been
prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then!

Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S. Sure is freaking hot down here