Ad: Yuma Bassmasters Charity Fundraiser

Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:34 PM
Bob La Londe

Default Ad: Yuma Bassmasters Charity Fundraiser

If more than one or two people have a problem with type of post let me know
at the e-mail in the bottom of my post, and I'll cut it down and just post a
link in the future.

The Yuma Bassmasters club will be holding its first charity fundraiser
tournament on April 25th. There will be a tri-tip dinner and huge prize
raffle at the sign up at Fisher's Landing on April 24th.

The prize money paid down to twenty places last year with big fish paying
down to ten places with almost 70 teams competing.

The prize money payback is always greater than the total entry fees due to
donations from local merchants and sponsors.

Yuma Bassmasters has two fundraisers every year. The first on April 24th
donates 100% of the net proceeds to local charities. Last year the donation
went to Saddles of Joy which is a horseback camp that operates as a
non-profit camp for handicapped children. They needed new fences.

Side Note: The second fundraiser on June27th pays the same, but this is the
money the club uses through out they year for special prizes, and projects
like supporting local youth sports teams, and improving the wiegh house at
the Marina or buying new digital certified scales.

If you are planning to fish the American Bass Association on the 24th this
would be a prefect follow up tournament for you. The dinner and sign up for
Yuma Bassmasters will be starting just after the awards are finished for the
ABA. You can use the ABA to practice for the Yuma Bassmasters or just sit
in for the awards and listen to how the top five teams boated their winning
fish.

As soon as I pick up a flier so I get all the details exactly right I will
add an information page for this tournament to the Yuma Bassmasters webpage
www.yumabassmasters.4t.com , and I'll post a link to the exact page here.
Its a free host so have your pop-up blocker turned on. Sorry about that. I
inherited maintaining the page from somebody else.

The dinner on saturday night usually gets a huge attendance. Usually
several times the number of people who actually fish the tournament. It is
a great chance to meet a lot of people in the local fishing community. Any
manufacturers who want so cheap exposure could send some product to be given
away as prizes. I can handle this if you do, but it would be better to send
any prizes to Gary Knight at Davidson Marine. In either case make sure to
contact us before hand or clearly mark what this is for so that your items
are given away to local fishermen for maximum exposure at this event.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster