Early Birthday Present-- Benchside Reference

Old December 17th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Scott Seidman

Default Early Birthday Present-- Benchside Reference

I just received my Fly Tier's Benchside Reference, and its just amazing.
It offers instructions for almost every technique, down to the smallest
detail. Absolutely nothing is taken for granted--they show all, in text
and photos.

It will change the way I tie.

Scott
Old December 17th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Dave LaCourse

Scott writes:

I just received my Fly Tier's Benchside Reference, and its just amazing.
It offers instructions for almost every technique, down to the smallest
detail. Absolutely nothing is taken for granted--they show all, in text
and photos.

It will change the way I tie.

It will change the way you tie. It's gotta be the best book out there. I had
mine right after they came out. Joanne got it on the net for something like
$85. Curious how much it is now selling for.

D.

Old December 18th, 2004, 04:06 PM
slenon

I got my copy from Amazon for about $65.

Also have a copy of Tying The Classic Salmon Fly on the way that I scored
for $33. Their prices on Salmon fly tying books are quite good, Used copies
are often available at really great prices.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
When the dawn came up like thunder

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/i...age92kword.htm

Old December 26th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Guy Thornberg

Whether it costs $50 or $100 it is worth the price when trying to remember
some obscure tying method used in the past, how you did it, and in most
cases gives you options and other methods to accomplish a similar task. I
tried it for bed time reading which doesn't work so well as it gives me
nightmares of how i get intertwined into the materials being tied to the
hook with no other possibility but being eaten by a large trout.
Well, time for my nightly medication so... Bring On ther Trout!!
Nightmares with trout are better than other fantacy dream I can think of.
Eggnog Anyone?
Guy

m...