FF virgin no more

Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

Default FF virgin no more

I finally caught a fish. Yeah!

Been overcast and very windy and the Ark has high flow due to lake release and
runoff. But, I got tired of waiting. I'd read a #10-12 BH 20 incher was
good for these conditions, so I tried one. My beach is gone, so I roll casts
out to the seam about 10 yds out. Watched my L2L line/leader connector as
the nymph sank and drifted. Cast about a doz times when I noticed my connector
hesitate. I set the hook and carefully reeled him in. Got me a 12" brown.
I tried a few more times, but snagged and lost my nymph. It sure improved
my roll cast. I'll try again tomorrow.

nb