Funny / Stupid ???

Old March 16th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Bob La Londe

Default Funny / Stupid ???

This happened a couple months ago. I was just reading an old thread over on
the iBoats forums on people who should not own a boat, and it reminded me of
this experience.

Hammer and I were both fishing the backwater called "Little Senator's" a
couple months ago. I was working the weedlines and he was working the cliff
face. We were fishing against each other, and just happened to be fishing
near each other towards the end of the day.

As weigh in time approached I found myself motoring out of the narrow
winding channel a few boat lengths behind Hammer. As he swung around one
particularly tight bend somebody in a ski boat hit Hammer's boat. Not a
particularly bad collission, and it was definitely their fault as Hammer
went around the turn hugging the right bank very tight. He was also doing
about 5mph in those tight quarters. At least thats what my GPS said, and he
wasn't pulling away from me.

It was really no big deal, but as I went around the turn the people in the
ski boat started yelling at me some garbage, about that big ****** doing 20
mph in a no wake channel. I didn't bother to tell them that Hammer is my
regular tournament partner. I just killed the motor and made a big show of
standing up. Then I made very exagerated arm motions as I pointed at beer
cans in their hands and boat, and started counting them out loud. "one beer
can, two beer cans, three beer cans...."

About then they nailed the throttle and zoomed out of the channel. Gee!? I
thought they were complaining about the speed people were doing in a no wake
channel.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com

Old March 17th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Crownliner

some of my buddies would have taken that a little farther after the ******
remark. i hate assholes and bigot assholes are worse yet. i am glad your
buddy had you there just in case the pricks decided the odds were good
enough for a fight.

peace
crownliner

Old March 17th, 2004, 02:58 AM
John Kerr

Bob, we use to run into the Los Angeles and San Diego "ski idiots" all
the time on the Colorado River. But I had a fishing buddy that was an ex
navy Seal, and stood 6' 2", weighed about 240...and the nicest "meanest"
guy you would ever want to meet. When the ski idiots would come down the
Arizona Channel doing 60 mp +, he kept a pole with a big lead weight
tied on it ready...then heave it at the speeding boat. If any of them
ever stopped and took ofense, he just stood up and said, "Gosh guys, I'm
sorry, I thought you were one of those "Asshole Fish" they talk so much
about around here!", No one ever challenged him...good thing too! grin