Most Humane Way to Clean Fish

Old November 17th, 2005, 07:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Most Humane Way to Clean Fish

On 16 Nov 2005 18:23:19 -0800, wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote:
wrote

. I guess I'm trying to
make up for it by saving their great grandkids.

my guess is that you are more ****ed up than a soup sandwich.

wayno

How about an explanation?

Now, then, don't you feel better? Isn't that what you're REALLY after,
Barry? You seem so confused and ill-at-ease with your life, but life's
just one of those mysteries of, well, life...I mean, how high is up?
How long is a piece of rope? What's it all about, Alfie? Maybe this
little song will help:

"'Cause then there was this boy whose
Parents made him come directly home
Right after school
And when they went to their church
They shook and lurched
All over the church floor

He couldn't quite explain it
They'd always just gone there

Mmm mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm mmm

Mmm mmm mmm mmm
Mmm mmm mmm mmm"

SEE! SEE! Even little Pentecostal floor-floppers can't quite explain
it...

I'm talking about possibly preventing thousands of cases of horrible
pain and suffering per day, and that's the best response you have?

One word, Benjamin, er, Barry - "plastics...and Preparation H..." OK,
so, technically, that's 3 words and a letter...wait...maybe "Preparation
H" is considered one word, so it'd be three words rather than three
words AND a letter, but still, I think the point is obvious and it is a
more apropos response to your questions...
Old November 17th, 2005, 08:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:58:35 GMT, rw

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 02:34:27 GMT, rw

How about an explanation? I'm talking about possibly preventing
thousands of cases of horrible pain and suffering per day, and that's
the best response you have?

I suggest that you consider not hooking them (i.e., fish) in the mouth
and playing them to exhaustion.

Yeah.. he should bite them (i.e., fish...hmm, on second thought, why
place limits - Barry, you go, girl!) in the ass and ride them like
National Velvet.

Irony challenged, as usual.

Naw, ya fuzzy little Double Turlette, you're more like "irony sad
Mac"...hit any key to continue...hit any other key to quit...

Old November 18th, 2005, 12:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Frank Reid wrote:

Barry, here's a lesson. In an attempt to communicate, one should "know
your audience." What this means is that what you find important is not
necessarily what we find important.

How could others not find preventing the pain of suffocation and being
scaled alive through a DAMN EASY METHOD important! You all have the
power to prevent is, but most of you don't seem to want to lift a
finger to get a bucket of ice for the fish, or like the original post
said--use a scaling board and cut off the fish's head first. It's not
like I'm confronting you with ice and telling you to use it. If you're
not sure you want to bother, at least don't hold it against me for
caring. It seems people would rather concentrate on my comments about
fish not mourning as much as people. Do they not mourn at all? Ok, some
animals do, but maybe fish don't. I don't care! My point was that I'm
bothered by the PHYSICAL pain! Do you know that fish don't experience
pain?

your real reason for posting
was to preach your belief system to the "uninitiated." You started out
with a lie, lost all credibility and still are attempting to argue.

The original post might not have been worded perfectly, but it wasn't
my words and I don't know of any lie except from some posters here
about who the author is. There's useful and important information in
it.

Old November 18th, 2005, 01:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

barry wrote ...

snip

the woman I quoted.

You're generous.

Dan

Old November 18th, 2005, 01:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

wrote in message
ups.com...

...whatever I meant there...

Leave a number. As soon as somebody figures it out we'll call you.

Wolfgang

Old November 18th, 2005, 01:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Some pos(t)er stomped HisHer foot and pouted:
"How could others not find preventing the pain of suffocation and being

scaled alive through a DAMN EASY METHOD important! You all have the
power to prevent is, but most of you don't seem to want to lift a
finger to get a bucket of ice for the fish, or like the original post
said--use a scaling board and cut off the fish's head first."

Well, soupsandwich, for starters most of us here are catch and release
fisherman. Secondarily, when you are standing up to your balls (its
just an expression, don't get your panties in a knot) in a river,
'lifting a finger to get a bucket of ice for the fish' is laughable.
Thirdly, I don't keep a scaling board hanging off of my fly fishing
vest. Fourthly, being the guy who CAUSED the poor fish family to have
to hold sunday services for its poor departed cousin, it seems rather
incongruous to also be the one who dons surgical gloves and does fishy
mouth to mouth and brings flowers to ease its pain.

How many fish do you think die of old age, peacefully in their sleep?

--riverman

Old November 18th, 2005, 01:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"riverman" wrote in message
oups.com...

...How many fish do you think die of old age, peacefully in their sleep?

Well, there's the vast majority of those I've pursued. And, having spent
time astream with Wayno, Jeffie, Mark, Tom, Tom, Tom, Ken, Bill, Bob, Steve,
Steve, Uncle Wally, John, George, Joel, Wayne, Kim, Mike, Frank, Frank,
Dave, Joe, and.....and.....uh.....well, sundry others, I'd say the odds are
looking pretty good.

Wolfgang
um.....on the other hand, there's willi.......