Current Wx for Coburn

Old May 15th, 2008, 04:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff miller[_2_]

Default Current Wx for Coburn

Mike wrote:

somebody please let joel and davePA know i won't be there this year. i
don't have their e-mail address. sorry for the late cancellation. ask
them to let me know what i owe for my spot in the cabin, and where to
send it. i'll miss you guys and the penns' bugz, but my absence will
probably assure good weather and good hatches. i just couldn't make it
work with two days of driving and only two days to fish...have to be
back here for a relative's wedding (on orders of rachel)... so i'll be
enjoying chasing the great mystery in the nc mountains over the next
week instead. y'all be sure to post photos, and i hope to make it next
year for sure. if any of you find your way south this year, let me know
and we'll arrange a salt water adventure.

jeff
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike Makela

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
This was in the NWS State College discussion from this morning:
MAY 08 STARTING TO FEEL LIKE MAY AND JUNE 77...AND THE SUMMER OF
76...THESE WERE COOL AND WET. SEEMS LIKE IF WE HAVE IT NICE IN MID
APRIL...THEN PAYMENT COMES LATER.

I think we need to move the Clave and the trout to Nebraska. Partly
cloudy and mid 70s.
Frank Reid

nah..there will be a bit of rain, but looks like more sunny than not. If
history repeats itself, as long as the river isn't mud, cloudy is better.
It's a shame for the PaFlyFshers group.............they were up this week.

As long as this next front doesn't trend too much north we should be O.K.,
Cap'n Bruce says the creek is unfishable right now, but level should be good
by the weekend. That mean lots of unmolested fish waiting for us all.

I prefer mid 60's when I'm walking about anyway. Perfect weather for a
Death March.

Mike

Old May 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

Damn sorry you can't make it Jeff always enjoy your
company..........As you say maybe next year.......We will try to keep
Mike out of Millers riffle and terrorising the fish into not eating
for 2 years will let all the ducks know they are safe for another year
and let the nude amish dancing girls of brownies know the bearded
barrister will not be present to pay there way through the Millhiem
school of ballet.......Have a good time at the wedding and fishing my
friend............
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

I suppose it's just me and the fishing van on the deer hunting trip
now......
Tom

Old May 16th, 2008, 03:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
vincent norris

A SOAKING RAIN WILL BE ACROSS MUCH OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA THROUGH
LATE MORNING. WET SNOW WILL MIX WITH THE RAIN AT TIME... MAINLY ACROSS
THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS. A LIGHT COATING OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE ON
GRASSY SURFACES. THE PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF TO PATCHY RAIN BY
EARLY AFTERNOON. SOME OF THE RAIN WILL BE ON THE HEAVY SIDE. THE AREA
OF PRECIPITATION IS MOVING NORTHWEST AT 15 MPH.

Frank, that is a 100% perfect description of the weather we sufffered on
Spruce Creek a couple of days ago, Monday, May 12.
It was the day of the "one fly" tournament. Everything except the road
surface was white as we drove down (from State College) at about 6 a.m.

vince

Old May 16th, 2008, 06:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Joel *DFD*

On May 14, 10:00�pm, jeff miller wrote:
Mike wrote:

somebody please let joel and davePA know i won't be there this year. i
don't have their e-mail address. �sorry for the late cancellation. �ask
them to let me know what i owe for my spot in the cabin, and where to
send it. �i'll miss you guys and the penns' bugz, but my absence will
probably assure good weather and good hatches. �i just couldn't make it
work with two days of driving and only two days to fish...have to be
back here for a relative's wedding (on orders of rachel)... so i'll be
enjoying chasing the great mystery in the nc mountains over the next
week instead. �y'all be sure to post photos, and i hope to make it next
year for sure. �if any of you find your way south this year, let me know
and we'll arrange a salt water adventure.

jeff

I'll miss you Jeff. You owe nothing on the cabin! You don't have to
pay for
what you don't use.
Joel