Yellowstone Oil Spill

Old July 8th, 2011, 04:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Default Yellowstone Oil Spill

On 07/07/2011 05:58 PM, Bob wrote:
On Jul 7, 4:28 am, Ken
wrote:
Bob wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
We could have received just as much information from Big Mouth
Billy the Singing Bass.

Thanks a lot Billy, er ... Bob.

So I guess that you are one of the sky is falling contingent.

No, I'm one of those who would like to hear, from someone who
knows what they're talking about, more detail than is available
through the national media.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Ah, so its all about you. If a poster doesn't give you what you like,
mischaracterize their post and use that mischaracterization to insult
them.

You're new here aren't you?

Welcome. It can be a wacky place.

Russell
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bob[_2_]

On Jul 7, 8:42*pm, "Russell D." wrote:
On 07/07/2011 05:58 PM, Bob wrote:

Ah, so its all about you. If a poster doesn't give you what you like,
mischaracterize their post and use that mischaracterization to insult
them.

You're new here aren't you?

Welcome. It can be a wacky place.

Russell

No, I've been around here about as long as Fortenberry and
intellectually know better than to respond to his jibes. But when he
gets that far off the wall, I just can't help myself. Actually I have
met him in person, and face to face he is not nearly as repugnant as
he comes off here .
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Bob wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Bob wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
We could have received just as much information from Big Mouth
Billy the Singing Bass.

Thanks a lot Billy, er ... Bob.

So I guess that you are one of the sky is falling contingent.

No, I'm one of those who would like to hear, from someone who
knows what they're talking about, more detail than is available
through the national media.

Ah, so its all about you. If a poster doesn't give you what you like,
mischaracterize their post and use that mischaracterization to insult
them.

I didn't mischaracterize your post and I didn't insult you. If you
felt insulted you are way too thin-skinned to be posting dumbass
"probably" bull**** to Usenet.

OK, maybe *that* was an insult, but it wasn't a mischaracterization.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old July 8th, 2011, 01:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

On 7/8/2011 12:33 AM, Bob wrote:

No, I've been around here about as long as Fortenberry and
intellectually know better than to respond to his jibes. But when he
gets that far off the wall, I just can't help myself. Actually I have
met him in person, and face to face he is not nearly as repugnant as
he comes off here .

"not nearly"... a little repugnant is still repugnant. whisky and a
nearby trout stream help though.

jeff
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bob[_2_]

On Jul 8, 5:35*am, jeff wrote:
On 7/8/2011 12:33 AM, Bob wrote:

No, I've been around here about as long as Fortenberry and
intellectually know better than to respond to his jibes. *But when he
gets that far off the wall, I just can't help myself. Actually I have
met him in person, and face to face he is not nearly as repugnant as
he comes off here .

"not nearly"... *a little repugnant is still repugnant. whisky and a
nearby trout stream help though.

jeff

A good guess or were you hiding somewhere in the bushes at that clave?
I only remember Fortenberry, Cyli, & me.
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Bob wrote:
No, I've been around here about as long as Fortenberry and
intellectually know better than to respond to his jibes. But when he
gets that far off the wall, I just can't help myself.

Off the wall ? Hardly. You posted dumbass bull**** and I called
you on it, very politely if I do say so myself. Standard roff,
except for the very politely. ;-)

Actually I have
met him in person, and face to face he is not nearly as repugnant as
he comes off here .

This coming from Rear Echelon Bob who defamed and slandered a
genuine American war hero. Talk about coming off as repugnant,
you and your allegedly dishonored clothes stunk to high heaven.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bob[_2_]

On Jul 8, 4:14*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Bob wrote:
No, I've been around here about as long as Fortenberry and
intellectually know better than to respond to his jibes. *But when he
gets that far off the wall, I just can't help myself.

Off the wall ? Hardly. You posted dumbass bull**** and I called
you on it, very politely if I do say so myself. Standard roff,
except for the very politely. ;-)

Actually I have
met him in person, and face to face he is not nearly as repugnant as
he comes off here .

This coming from Rear Echelon Bob who defamed and slandered a
genuine American war hero. Talk about coming off as repugnant,
you and your allegedly dishonored clothes stunk to high heaven.

--
Ken Fortenberry

And this from someone who never served in the military or even sought
humanitarian duty as an alternative.

Bob Weinberger - Viet Nam 65-66 including duty as a Naval Gunfire
forward observer
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Bob wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Bob wrote:
Actually I have
met him in person, and face to face he is not nearly as repugnant as
he comes off here .

This coming from Rear Echelon Bob who defamed and slandered a
genuine American war hero. Talk about coming off as repugnant,
you and your allegedly dishonored clothes stunk to high heaven.

And this from someone who never served in the military or even sought
humanitarian duty as an alternative.

Bob Weinberger - Viet Nam 65-66 including duty as a Naval Gunfire
forward observer

I'm perfectly happy to agree that the repugnance is mutual.

All that notwithstanding your post in response to a request for
details beyond the superficial on the Yellowstone River oil spill
was dumbass bull****.

--
Ken Fortenberry - roff 87-present including duty as early warning
bull**** detector
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bob[_2_]

On Jul 8, 5:43*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Ken Fortenberry *- roff 87-present including duty as early warning
bull**** detector

Geeze, must be awfully annoying always setting off your own alarm.
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Bob wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Ken Fortenberry - roff 87-present including duty as early warning
bull**** detector

Geeze, must be awfully annoying always setting off your own alarm.

Few things can set off all five bull**** detectors at once but this
gem is bona fide five-alarm bull****.

"3. The Yellowstone is in full flood and flowing very swiftly, thus
much of the oil will be in the lower Missouri & the Mississippi and
widely dispersed very soon."
-- Big Mouth Billy Bob

The fact of the matter is that the flood has pushed significant
amounts of the oil into fragile wetlands and marshes and it has
*not* washed downstream.

Dumbass.

--
Ken Fortenberry