Lapland clave 2004 maps

Old December 18th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Roger Ohlund

Default Lapland clave 2004 maps

Here are some maps describing the area.

Map1 shows where in Sweden we're going to be:
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave2004/Map1.jpg

Map2 shows where the road ends at Adolfstrom village and also where the
clave central is:
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave2004/Map2.jpg
The flight will be just less than 20 kilometers.

Map3 shows the clave central and the surrounding area.
http://biphome.spray.se/salmo/ROFF/clave2004/Map3.jpg
The distance from the cabin to the river is slightly more than 500 meters.
There's a fresh water spring 20 meters from the cabin.
The lake just north of the cabin holds Arctic char and brown trout.

Attendees so far:

Vaughan Hurry (Tent)
Fred Risberg (Tent)
Roger Ohlund (Tent)
Jarmo Hurri (Tent)
Jerome Phillipon (aka Leaping frog, gets a bed in the cabin)
Myron Buck (aka riverman, gets a bed in the cabin)
Erik Risberg (Tent)
Mike Connor (Tent)

Interested:

Osmo Jauhiainen
Hans Bock
Jeff Miller
John (asadi)

/ Roger
Daytime engineer
Lifetime fly fisherman
If you feel like it, visit http://www.imsoc.se/angler/ for info on fly
fishing in northern Sweden, Lapland,
or visit http://www.imsoc.se/ffgallery/ , the fly fishermen's gallery.

Old December 18th, 2003, 10:49 PM
The Leaping Frog

Roger,

Excellent, that confirms my assumptions on BD16. I get confused in
Landsmateriat site. Is there a smaller scale map available from them or from
the village i.e. skala1:50 000 or 25000?

I am thinking how can I show you exactly in what bend of the river I lost
that 6lber? Giggles, giggles!!!...

Jerome

Old December 20th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Mike Connor

Old December 20th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Sandy

Old December 20th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Roger Ohlund

Old December 21st, 2003, 04:19 AM
rakane at verizon dot net

A sleeping bag. Make that a sleeping bag with below zero degrees Celsius
comfort temperature.
A bottom sheet.
An inflatable sleeping mattress.
Waders. Breathables, since we will be hiking to some extent.

I just have to ask, why have an inflatable mattress if you are preparing for
cold weather? I went late season elk hunting with about 18" of snow, and
that night one of our hunters got hypothermia because he was sleeping on an
inflatable mattress. The physician in the group had to drive him into
Pendleton. That mattress allowed the cold to penetrate from the side of the
mattress, where those with the old foam standbys were toasty warm.

Just curious.

Old December 21st, 2003, 04:55 AM
rw

rakane at verizon dot net wrote:
A sleeping bag. Make that a sleeping bag with below zero degrees Celsius
comfort temperature.
A bottom sheet.
An inflatable sleeping mattress.
Waders. Breathables, since we will be hiking to some extent.

I just have to ask, why have an inflatable mattress if you are preparing for
cold weather? I went late season elk hunting with about 18" of snow, and
that night one of our hunters got hypothermia because he was sleeping on an
inflatable mattress. The physician in the group had to drive him into
Pendleton. That mattress allowed the cold to penetrate from the side of the
mattress, where those with the old foam standbys were toasty warm.

The self-inflating ThermaRest mattress is the standard among my camping
friends, but I usually make do with a thin closed-cell foam pad. You
couldn't pay me to use an air mattress.

I liked Roger's list, though. One item I'd add is a length of parachute
cord.

You Lapland Clavers would do well, IMO, to pool your camping resources.
It makes poor sense for everyone to bring his own tent and cooking gear,
for example. A good sized tarp that could be used as cover for a common
cooking and eating area would be handy and would add to the sense of
camaraderie. :-)

The most important advice I'd give to campers - especially campers who
are fishing in cold weather -- is to take no cotton clothing. Use only
quick-drying synthetics and wool.

Old December 21st, 2003, 05:02 AM
-- Rob

that night one of our hunters got hypothermia because he was sleeping on an
inflatable mattress.

I think there's something missing from this picture. Though usually by
inflatable
one means the inflatable insulated pads even a plain uninsulated air mattress
shouldn't "cause" hypothermia if the hunter had a proper bag. Air does provide
some insulation.
-- so much fishing, so little time --
--please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--
Old December 21st, 2003, 02:36 PM
Roger Ohlund

"rakane at verizon dot net" wrote in
message ...
A sleeping bag. Make that a sleeping bag with below zero degrees Celsius
comfort temperature.
A bottom sheet.
An inflatable sleeping mattress.
Waders. Breathables, since we will be hiking to some extent.

I just have to ask, why have an inflatable mattress if you are preparing

for
cold weather? I went late season elk hunting with about 18" of snow, and
that night one of our hunters got hypothermia because he was sleeping on

an
inflatable mattress. The physician in the group had to drive him into
Pendleton. That mattress allowed the cold to penetrate from the side of

the
mattress, where those with the old foam standbys were toasty warm.

Just curious.

Well, that might be so but we're not camping under winter conditions, more
like summer.
It might get down to a couple of degrees above freezing for an hour or two
if it gets realy cold at night.
On the other hand it might be 30 degrees Celsius during daytime, which in my
experience won't in any way mean that you go to bed in cold sleeping gear.

/Roger