storing maps

Old December 3rd, 2003, 03:00 PM
Spoonplugger

Default storing maps

I have several different types of maps that have no home
what is the best way to keep them organized
the maps I need to organize are lake and forestry maps as well as road maps.
does anyone have a system that they wanna share?
Wayne

Old December 3rd, 2003, 03:10 PM
Bob La Londe

Depending on how they are folded and how many you have you could try using
large three ring binders with plastic pocket pages.

We kept all the documentation for computer games organized that way for
years.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Old December 3rd, 2003, 04:48 PM
Chris Rennert

Just like Bob said the 3 ring binder has always worked for me. Plus tabs to
alphabetize them always helps.

Chris

Old December 4th, 2003, 06:06 AM
J Buck

Do like the rest of us. Just throw them in a drawer

Or in the glovebox, over the visor, on the dash, or in the side pocket
of the door

Old December 4th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Spoonplugger wrote:
: I have several different types of maps that have no home
: what is the best way to keep them organized
: the maps I need to organize are lake and forestry maps as well as road maps.
: does anyone have a system that they wanna share?
: Wayne

Depends on the size. I have a few of those stand alone plastic file folders
filled with smaller maps using hanging files inside the plastic cases.

For larger maps, 4 inch Schedule-25 PVC piping is pretty lightweight. I cut
them to 3 or 4 foot lengths depending on the maps and glue one end cap on,
and just hand tighten the other side. Schedule 25 PVC is much lighter than
the schedule 40 but you might have to dig for it at places like Home Depot.

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
Old December 4th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"J Buck" wrote in message
Do like the rest of us. Just throw them in a drawer

Or in the glovebox, over the visor, on the dash, or in the side pocket
of the door

The side pocket of the truck door does very well. Then when you get to the lake, the map gets
transferred from the truck door to the console, wedged between the windshield and the locator. They
stay there at speeds up to 75 mph, faster than that and they blow out! :-(
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Old December 4th, 2003, 09:16 PM