rod tip

Old September 25th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Julia

Default rod tip

I broke the tip of my rod..slammed it in the door. Can someone please
give me pointers on how to fix this or repair this? Do I use tape,
glue...? Thanks
Old September 25th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Mike

"Julia" wrote in message
om...
I broke the tip of my rod..slammed it in the door. Can someone please
give me pointers on how to fix this or repair this? Do I use tape,
glue...? Thanks

I get my tips from coast to coast then i glue them on with hot glue (
those I get from a craft store) a match will melt the glue

Old September 25th, 2003, 04:26 PM
licker

Go to Wal-Mart they sell replacement tips in a pack with some glue. Just be
careful glueing it so you don't burn your fingers. Make sure the tip is not
splintered before putting the tip on. If so you may have to trim the tip
back a little.

Sarge

Old September 26th, 2003, 07:59 AM
BTMO

"Julia" wrote

I broke the tip of my rod..slammed it in the door. Can someone please
give me pointers on how to fix this or repair this? Do I use tape,
glue...? Thanks

I would use (and have!) used epoxy glue for this. The five minute stuff is
fine. Get a new rod tip guide in a size that fits the blank at the break,
fill it with glue, put it on the blank then align it with the others on the
rod.

Leave it until the glue cures.

Basically, it isn't a big deal, and the rod should work fine again after you
have repaired it.

Cheers,

Brenton

Old September 26th, 2003, 08:02 AM
BTMO

"BTMO" wrote

"Julia" wrote

I broke the tip of my rod..slammed it in the door. Can someone please
give me pointers on how to fix this or repair this? Do I use tape,
glue...? Thanks

I would use (and have!) used epoxy glue for this. The five minute stuff is

snip

I should read what I write before I hit send...

Don't use "used" glue. Just use 5 minute epoxy...

:-)

Cheers,

Brenton

Old October 1st, 2003, 10:17 PM
Timantide

Bring the rod to any tackle shop.
You can get e replacement tip that goes on with a special glue. You melt the
glue with a match or lighter.
Put a little on the tip of the rod blank and just stick on the new tip.
It will be good as new.