Penn's Clave Update.....

Old May 4th, 2007, 11:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default Penn's Clave Update.....

With the Clave two weeks away, I suppose I should get to doing a bit of
Clavemeistering......sigh...! First order of business: if anyone needs help
with housing/camping arrangements and/or directions, please email me.
Second,
Lobster Night!! If we are going to have Lobstah Night on Thursday at the
Millheim, I need to pre-order the tasty
crustaceans. Can you all post, so I can get a rough head-count of Lobsters
needed? Finally, a better guesstimate of fishing conditions and hatches.
Barring a lot of rain, the creek should be at a very good, pretty wadeable
level, with the smaller streams low and clear. Hatches to look for will be
Tan Caddis(#14-16), Sulfurs and Orange Sulfurs, March Browns and Grey Foxes.
I don't think the Drakes will show during the Clave, but a long stretch of
heat would alter that estimate. I look forward to seeing one and all in a
couple of weeks!
Tom

Old May 5th, 2007, 02:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Softhackle

First order of business: if anyone needs help
with housing/camping arrangements and/or directions, please email me.
Second,

Finally, a better guesstimate of fishing conditions and hatches.

It saw the end of the Hendricksons tonight at Weikert and the Grannom
has been gone for two days. The good news is Tan Caddis #16, Gray Fox
#12 and March Browns #10 have started in full force. There were lots
of MB spinners in the air tonight and a few came down. I got all my
fish on a Tan Caddis, go figure.
Tom, I'll have both efficiencies available for clave weekend if anyone
wants them. It took longer than expected to get everything in place
for customers. Business is good in the shop and things are going
great. Check the website for daily stream reports www.pennscreekangler.com
and dont forget to come down to the shop for the Penns Clave 2007
Shirts.
Bruce

Old May 5th, 2007, 02:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Flytyer37

On May 4, 5:36 pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
[...]

Two lobsters for me. Also, it looks like I will be there solo. Tent
or top bunk, whatever's available.
Frank Reid

Old May 5th, 2007, 03:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

O.K. Frank I see how that is we offer you the bunk and then it's
nooooooooo I have a friend coming so we are suppose to act as if
nothing happened you broke poor little Tommy's heart dissin us for
some one who knows nothing about Penns.................. But the top
bunk is yours if you still want it will cost you 3 #16 tent wing
sulphurs...............Just kidding..........

Old May 5th, 2007, 04:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Flytyer37

On May 4, 9:48 pm, Mike wrote:
O.K. Frank I see how that is we offer you the bunk and then it's
nooooooooo I have a friend coming so we are suppose to act as if
nothing happened you broke poor little Tommy's heart dissin us for
some one who knows nothing about Penns.................. But the top
bunk is yours if you still want it will cost you 3 #16 tent wing
sulphurs...............Just kidding..........

Well, I'm doing a tying demo tomorrow at bass pro. I'll start tying.
Frank Reid

Old May 5th, 2007, 05:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Joel *DFD*

[...]

Arriving Sun. noonish. Departing Thurs. noonish. No Lobster for me.
Too bad.
Joel

Old May 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Allen[_2_]

In article IzO_h.67$XZ2.58@trndny01,
"Tom Littleton" wrote:

[...]

Think I'll be in on Sunday (after a couple days up north in PA) and
going home Tuesday. Staying at Jona's unless I have to go to Denver and
it screws the whole thing up
Allen