Ahoy Penns Regulars

Old May 27th, 2008, 08:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

Default Ahoy Penns Regulars

I'm gonna be in the area 6/12 and/or 6/13. Anyone gonna be around to
show a newbie around or could you email me some hints/directions/other
waters?

Thanks
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message
I'm gonna be in the area 6/12 and/or 6/13. Anyone gonna be around to
show a newbie around or could you email me some hints/directions/other
waters?

Thanks

Wayne,
I'd love to join you but cannot take the time from work
(allergy season, big in labwork business). However, contact Bruce(Soft
Hackle on ROFF) Fisher at The Penn's Creek Angler before you go, and he can
provide a wealth of advice, and decent lodging if you need, near the creek.
Expect, in that timeframe, olives and a few types of caddis in the mornings,
large golden and yellow drakes in the evening along with olive spinners.
Stonefly nymphs always work, black or tannish yellow, size 4-8. Big Fishing
Creek should be having a decent Green Drake hatch still going on, so would
be an, um, interesting place to fish between 6pm and very dark-thirty.
Tom

pennscreekangler.com for bruce's shop

Old May 28th, 2008, 02:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

On May 27, 6:06*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:

*I'd love to join you but cannot take the time from work
(allergy season, big in labwork business). However, contact Bruce(Soft
Hackle on ROFF) Fisher at The Penn's Creek Angler before you go, and he can
provide a wealth of advice,

Thanks Tom, sorry we cannot meet up.
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On May 27, 2:39*pm, Wayne Knight wrote:
I'm gonna be in the area 6/12 and/or 6/13. Anyone gonna be around to
show a newbie around or could you email me some hints/directions/other
waters?

Thanks

CICADAS!!!! Middle of the prime season. Should be like green drakes
on steroids. Take some salmon fly patterns and mark black stripes on
the abdomen.
Frank Reid
Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Softhackle

On May 28, 9:54*am, Frank Reid wrote:
On May 27, 2:39*pm, Wayne Knight wrote:

I'm gonna be in the area 6/12 and/or 6/13. Anyone gonna be around to
show a newbie around or could you email me some hints/directions/other
waters?

Thanks

CICADAS!!!! *Middle of the prime season. *Should be like green drakes
on steroids. *Take some salmon fly patterns and mark black stripes on
the abdomen.
Frank Reid

Wayne, stop at the shop I'll help you out with some tips and spots.
Bruce
Penns Creek Angler
www.pennscreekangler.com
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

On Jun 2, 12:30*am, Softhackle wrote:

Wayne, stop at the shop I'll help you out with some tips and spots.

Thanks Bruce