Penn's rehash

Old May 28th, 2008, 02:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Default Penn's rehash

On May 27, 6:38*pm, wrote:
Ah...I thought it was a recipe from Frank's bear...

Glad y'all had fun,

On Saturday night, we were coming back from Big Fishing Creek on 445
when Tom and Mike had to pull over to find a lost cell phone. A
couple of deer and fawns crossed the road behind us. One fawn, still
unstable on his legs, ended up getting confused by the headlights and
stayed standing in the road. We flagged the cars down and, with Messr
Makela watching out that daddy deer didn't come out of the woods to
kick my ass (in reality, Mike would have just hollared at me and run
like hell), I went over, picked up the fawn and sent it down the
hillside to join mamma and daddy. It brayed like a young lamb and
weighed about 12 lbs.
Whilst purchasing supplies in the gas station a few minutes later, I
mentioned the incident to the young lady behind the counter. She said
I should have kept it. I asked her if it had something to do with
Pennsylvania veal recipes. She didn't understand.
Frank Reid
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On May 28, 8:16*am, Scott Seidman wrote:
Frank Reid wrote in news:42e7289e-4d73-4f6f-aa5b-
:

On May 27, 6:38*pm, wrote:
[...]

I can picture your barley stew pot with four legs sticking out the top.

That's what the chainsaw is for.
Frank Reid
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

Well time for my .02.......Was a pleasure to share the field of battle
with Tom Mike Bruce Frank Joel and Dave......Pulled into Three
Streamer Stans Thursday about midnight looked at the pool and thought
gonna be a great clave water looked perfect last forecast was 40%
chance of rain one day in 10 was 60% chance.... When I left Stans it
started raining and didn't stop until Monday it seems rained on and
off for most of the clave but fish were caught on spring fishing and
yes penns The Finn and I went to blue rock hole and the cabin run
where the finn promply caught 2 fish me zero we then went up to the
blue rock hole where he caught 2 more plus a bass me zero I had to
leave for home so the count on penns was the finn 5 me zero and we
both nymphed with yellow stones..........what can I say had a great
time fishing with some good friends caught fish ate well and can't
wait to get back down there again...........
Haven't seen much intrest in the 10th annual Penns Creek Clave
come on gents step up and let your voice be heard you have a year to
make plans and leave this date open for the clave if needed come after
Memorial Day will be there all week.........Again it was great seeing
and fishing with some great friends............
Old May 28th, 2008, 03:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 28, 9:57*am, Mike wrote:

* * * Haven't seen much intrest in the 10th annual Penns Creek Clave
come on gents step up and let your voice be heard you have a year to
make plans and leave this date open for the clave

A year out is a LOT of lead time- hard to keep track of where I need
to be next WEEK- but the thought of a grand event for Penns X has put
the event on my radar and I will try to be there.

Bill
Old May 28th, 2008, 07:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

On May 26, 8:56*am, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
Well, it's another year and the Penn's Clave, or should I say, the Penn's
Mini-Clave, has ended.

Have "well done!" from me. I had dreams of riding the bike up for a
day/evening; but the bike doesn't start worth a **** in cold weather
(warm either for that matter), and 3.5 hours in chilly riding weather
with a threat of rain just didn't come together for me to make it.
Sorry.

Thanks from a non-attendee for keeping it alive and making it fun for
those without the non-.

With a year's notice, my odds of making it to X are improved somewhat.

Joe F.
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 28 May 2008 11:44:16 -0700 (PDT), rb608
wrote:

With a year's notice, my odds of making it to X are improved somewhat.

And the first one at the Millheim is on me, but only if you bring and
use the juggling sticks/boxes/thingies.

By then, one of us is gonna be cryin' and whinnin' about who is in the
WH. d'o)

Old May 29th, 2008, 06:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 27, 6:38*pm, wrote:
[...]

Hmmm...from what I've heard, I can picture four old sneakers stuck to
the bottom...

TC,
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike Makela

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message
Well, it's another year and the Penn's Clave, or should I say, the Penn's
Mini-Clave, has ended. We had but a handful of hearty souls for this, the
ninth Penn's Clave. Attendees included: Mike "Handyman" Shaw, Mike Makela,
Frank Reid, Dave Gunnett, Joel Axelrad, Vince Norris,and Bruce Fisher(a
permanent fixture at the Penn's Creek Angler). Conditions were, to say the
least, tough.
As of yesterday, the flow at Penn's still exceeded 700 cfs, so most of the
fishing was on Spring and Big Fishing Creeks.

Mike and I did make it out to Penn's, and fishing thre bottom of the catch
and release section. Another banner day to add to the fishing trip. Not
sure what everyone is talking about with the tough fishing. I think most,
if not all, had several great days on the stream in various locations. I
wish we would have hit Ingleby your last day, the fish were hungry the next
day and I 'm sure they would have been then too.

Spring was fishing very well,

Indeed..

Highlights: On Tuesday, I found out how difficult it is to leave a
midstream spot quickly in a driving rainstorm, when the fly has hooked
itself to one's bootlace(sort of like a marionette act).

LOL wish I had my camera. Mike and I both were drowned rats in a matter
of seconds during the cloudburst, but you took it to an entirely different
level....

And, lastly, I note that I have overlooked the attendance of our youngest
clavers this year, Matt and Dan Makela, who enjoyed the first weekend, and
both caught fish. Dan may have also started working on his Full Reid
technique, leaving the possibility of a Youth Division in the annual Duck
Butt awards.

Although both took on some water, Matthew was actually the winner of the
First Junior Reid award. We were fishing the mouth of Weikert where it hits
Penn's, not heeding my repeated fatherly warnings, started to move too fast
a few feet of water and his foot caught a submerged root on the bottom,
which drove him right into the water. Didn't realize how much water he
took on until we got back to the truck and emptied the waders...

One other note, Bruce (Penn's creek Angler) Fisher just acquired a new
cabin, right on some fine water on Penn's. Hoping he has it ready for next
year, but it is right on the stream. A good location for that area of penn's
(near the Sportsman's Club/Weikert/Cherry Run.

Tom

The Finn

Old June 7th, 2008, 09:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike Makela

"Frank Reid" wrote in message

This was the year that Penns was unfishable. Really sad.

Penn's was fishable after you left, ya just gotta plan on staying for a
longer period...

Regardless, it was good fishing with you yet another year.

Still going up for Cicada Madenss. Will have a few open beds in the Cherry
Run Cabin Fourth of July week. You are more than welcome.

The Finn