first caddis hatch

Old May 30th, 2008, 11:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

Default first caddis hatch

Wow! The famous Arkansas R caddis hatch, right this very instant. They're
all over the windows and screen doors. Cool!

nb
Old May 31st, 2008, 03:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On May 30, 4:39 pm, notbob wrote:
Wow! The famous Arkansas R caddis hatch, right this very instant. They're
all over the windows and screen doors. Cool!

nb

Post some pics notbob!
Old May 31st, 2008, 07:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2008-05-31, Halfordian Golfer wrote:

Post some pics notbob!

Dang. Didn't think to get my camera. Also, got no webspace. Can you
recommend a freebie pics website? I'll try and stay on top of the critter
vigil.

Saw what I took to be a midge hatch a few days ago. At least there were a
lot of midge flies about. I'm pretty sure that's what they were. Looked
like all the drawings and pics I've found on the web.

I finally got a section of screen rigged to sieve the water for critters so
will be learning more on that front. Ark flows are way up and about to
peak, so not a lot of wade fishing action right now. Some float fishermen
and then only the ones with full whitewater rafts, I being not far from
Brown's Canyon. Everyone around here seems to be heading for Spinney Mtn
Res or other high lakes. I'm just trying to improve my casting and learn
nymphing and looking for a good deal on a tying vise on ebay.

Boy, you'd think with all the fly tyers, there'd be dozens of used vises for
sale. Doesn't seem to be the case. Used ones are not that plentiful and go
for premium prices.

nb
Old May 31st, 2008, 08:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On 2008-05-31, Halfordian Golfer wrote:

Post some pics notbob!

[...]

nb, couple o' things. One, if you can get a hold of Ed Valdez' dubbing
recipe and learn to tie that specific golden stone, you'll hammer them
on the Ark. The other thing is that there are a lot of photo-sharing
websites. A great list is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photo_sharing.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2008-05-31, Halfordian Golfer wrote:

nb, couple o' things. One, if you can get a hold of Ed Valdez' dubbing
recipe and learn to tie that specific golden stone, you'll hammer them
on the Ark. The other thing is that there are a lot of photo-sharing
websites. A great list is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photo_sharing.

Will do. Thank you for the tip and the link.

nb
Old June 1st, 2008, 03:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff miller[_2_]

On 2008-05-31, Halfordian Golfer wrote:

Post some pics notbob!

Dang. Didn't think to get my camera. Also, got no webspace. Can you
recommend a freebie pics website?

The other thing is that there are a lot of photo-sharing
websites. A great list is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photo_sharing.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer

....and the abpf fishing photo newsgroup - alt.binaries.photo.fishing
....subscribe to it the same as roff. tim, i thought it was your creation?

jeff
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On 2008-05-31, Halfordian Golfer wrote:

Post some pics notbob!

Dang. Didn't think to get my camera. Also, got no webspace. Can you
recommend a freebie pics website?

The other thing is that there are a lot of photo-sharing
websites. A great list ishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photo_sharing.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer

...and the abpf fishing photo newsgroup - alt.binaries.photo.fishing
...subscribe to it the same as roff. tim, i thought it was your creation?

jeff

Yup, I did create it. Don't use it too much lately. Should have and
that is probably the easiest way to get your pics up nb!

Your pal,

TBone
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Halfordian Golfer wrote:
jeff miller wrote:
...and the abpf fishing photo newsgroup - alt.binaries.photo.fishing
...subscribe to it the same as roff. tim, i thought it was your creation?

Yup, I did create it.

Bull****. You sent a friggin' email. Newsgroups in the alt.*
hierarchy exist solely at the discretion of NNTP admins. So
since I was once an NNTP admin *I* created it.

You are incredibly full of **** Tim.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old June 1st, 2008, 05:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Jun 1, 10:10 am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Halfordian Golfer wrote:
jeff miller wrote:
...and the abpf fishing photo newsgroup - alt.binaries.photo.fishing
...subscribe to it the same as roff. tim, i thought it was your creation?

Yup, I did create it.

Bull****. You sent a friggin' email. Newsgroups in the alt.*
hierarchy exist solely at the discretion of NNTP admins. So
since I was once an NNTP admin *I* created it.

You are incredibly full of **** Tim.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Clarification: I called for votes, discussed in alt.fishing,
downloaded a newsreader capable of setting custom headers, asked for a
connection for my PC running PCNFS on a UNIX network at a TELCO and
sent the alt.binaries.picture.fishing creation NNTP email or whatever
the **** it took to create a new newsgroup in those days.

Ken Fortenberry did all the rest.

Congratulations Ken.

This is why I don't post much here anymore guys.

Halfordian Golfer
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Halfordian Golfer wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Halfordian Golfer wrote:
Yup, I did create it.

Bull****. You sent a friggin' email. Newsgroups in the alt.*
hierarchy exist solely at the discretion of NNTP admins. So
since I was once an NNTP admin *I* created it.

You are incredibly full of **** Tim.

Clarification: I called for votes, discussed in alt.fishing, ...

More bull****. Newsgroup creation in the alt.* hierarchy does not
require a discussion phase or a vote phase, only in the Big Eight
hierarchy (comp.*, humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*,
soc.*, and talk.*) are those necessary.

This is why I don't post much here anymore guys.

Yeah, you don't post much here because you're full of **** and most
everybody here knows it.

You know the drill, door, ass, watch out.

--
Ken Fortenberry