Frank, head for cover!

Old June 5th, 2008, 10:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default Frank, head for cover!

Just read that the NWS has issued an alert, warning of clusters of larger
tornadoes, with Omaha as one of the potentially affected areas. Take care,
Mr. Reid, and I hope you left the vehicles readily accessible to the garage
for storage(again!).
Tom
p.s. Is it just my perception, or has Nebraska weather
gotten worse since Frank moved there?

Old June 6th, 2008, 02:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Jun 5, 4:45*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
Just read that the NWS has issued an alert, warning of clusters of larger
tornadoes, with Omaha as one of the potentially affected areas. Take care,
Mr. Reid, and I hope you left the vehicles readily accessible to the garage
for storage(again!).
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tom
p.s. Is it just my perception, or has Nebraska weather
* * *gotten worse since Frank moved there?

Last night on my way home from work, I heard a tornado warning on the
radio for my town. Just great, thinks I, I'm gonna lose my new house
and my mother-in-law (whose been here since Penns and is leaving at
the end of July). Its a karma thing.
The light show was incredible last night. The funnel cloud jumped my
neighborhood and its accompanying super cell stalled about 25 miles
north east in Iowa spawning tons of tornados. We did get 2" hail.
Some areas got over 6" of rain.
Right now, there's a tornado warning due east of me by about 15
miles. The thunder and lightning is incredible. There's another
super cell building on the Kansas border (its 'cause them J-Hawks hate
Nebraska). It will move up here within an hour or two. Gonna be
another long night of floods. They may close the bridge over the
Platt river if it gets any higher and then my drive to work goes from
23 miles to 85 plus.
Got a question for you gardeners. Why is it that when you plant grass
seed and a storm comes, all the new grass is washed away leaving the
broadleaf weeds, such as my fine crop of cockle bur?
Dog lifted his leg to pee and got blown over by the wind. Sucks,
cause he fell over into the mud.
Oh, by the way, (and this may suprise some members of the studio
audience) the right arm is in a brace. Doc was really impressed with
the extreme case of tendonitis. Got it digging 180' feet of trench,
nailing up 180' of fence and filling the trench back in. Can't do a
damn thing with this stupid thing on. There goes my love life.
Frank Reid
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 18:48:56 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid
wrote:

Oh, by the way, (and this may suprise some members of the studio
audience) the right arm is in a brace. Doc was really impressed with
the extreme case of tendonitis. Got it digging 180' feet of trench,

Um, Frank...you gots ya a tractor...they work for things besides
dragging cars...oh, wait, that's right...ex-aeroforce...hey, look at it
like this - if you'd have been in the navy, you'd have dug it with the
wrong end of the shovel...

nailing up 180' of fence and filling the trench back in. Can't do a
damn thing with this stupid thing on. There goes my love life.

Well, a poultice of prop pitch oughta heal things right up...

Hope you feel better AND don't get washed away,
....two words - "middle buster"
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Frank Reid wrote:
snip
There goes my love life.

Just remember that *WE* all loves ya, Frank! Heal fast, friend.
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 6th, 2008, 07:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

Well Frank ya should have bought a plow blade with the tractor for
back filling better yet rented a small backhoe could have dug and
backfilled no problem also rented a compressor and nailor fence done
in no time..........Wait a minute what am I saying I do like you so
forget above I can see you with a cast on your leg after the backhoe
rolls over on you..........And the doc asking how you got those 2 8
penny nails in you ass..........Stick with the hand tools my
friend................
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Jun 6, 1:01*am, Mike wrote:
Well Frank ya should have bought a plow blade with the tractor for
back filling better yet rented a small backhoe could have dug and
backfilled no problem also *rented a compressor and nailor fence done
in no time..........Wait a minute what am I saying I do like you so
forget above I can see you with a cast on your leg after the backhoe
rolls over on you..........And the doc asking how you got those 2 8
penny nails in you ass..........Stick with the hand tools my
friend................

Well, its a bad new/good news thing. The bad news is that I have to
wear this brace for two to three weeks. It really sucks when typing.
All kinds of things pop up on the computer when the brace hits the
keys. The good news is that I can't lift a shovel or hammer for a
month and the wiff just went out and bought a crap load of plants for
the multiple gardens. Darn the bad luck. "Sorry Dear. Can't help
you with that. Doctors orders. Can you just pop inside and get me
another beer and I'll settle in right here and watch you work." Hey,
after all, it is all her fault. Honey-do lists can be hazardous to
your health. Fair warning guys. Though I do like the idea of going
out and renting a nail gun. Sit back in my lawn furniture, drink beer
and shoot at the ground squirrels.
Frank Reid
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

wrote:
Oh, by the way, (and this may suprise some members of the studio
audience) the right arm is in a brace. *Doc was really impressed with
the extreme case of tendonitis. *Got it digging 180' feet of trench,

Um, Frank...you gots ya a tractor...they work for things besides
dragging cars...oh, wait, that's right...ex-aeroforce...hey, look at it
like this - if you'd have been in the navy, you'd have dug it with the
wrong end of the shovel...

nailing up 180' of fence and filling the trench back in. *Can't do a
damn thing with this stupid thing on. *There goes my love life.

Well, a poultice of prop pitch oughta heal things right up...

Well, I'll just clean it with some jet wash and wrap it up withe about
6 feet of flight line.
Frank Reid
Old June 6th, 2008, 04:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 1:01 am, Mike wrote:
Though I do like the idea of going
out and renting a nail gun. Sit back in my lawn furniture, drink beer
and shoot at the ground squirrels.
Frank Reid

I suggest a *low* powered BB gun, you won't be able to type at all with the
other arm bandaged up...

hth,
JT

Old June 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:37:34 -0700, "JT"
wrote:

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
On Jun 6, 1:01 am, Mike wrote:
Though I do like the idea of going
out and renting a nail gun. Sit back in my lawn furniture, drink beer
and shoot at the ground squirrels.
Frank Reid

I suggest a *low* powered BB gun, you won't be able to type at all with the
other arm bandaged up...

Yeah, I was wondering about that one...Frank, in lawn furniture, with
beer, a nail gun, and a bum wing...well, if I were a Nebraskan ground
squirrel, I'd be setting up the grill, pouring a cocktail, and waiting
for the show...

TC,
....oh, Frank, BTW, make sure you don't load it up with ringshanks...they
won't hurt any less going in, but they'll hurt a lot less coming out,
and they'll be easier for the neighbors to remove from their homes, cars
and larger bits of landscapery...

hth,
JT