Key Largo Flats & Backcountry Fishing Report

Old October 16th, 2006, 11:21 PM
CaptLeon CaptLeon is offline
Junior Member

Default Key Largo Flats & Backcountry Fishing Report

Summer is about gone and the days are getting cooler. Just right for fishing on the flats and in the backcountry.
In Florida Bay and Flamingo the Snook fishing has been good to us. The Reds have been cruising the flats. With the cooler weather and higher water the reds are closer to the mangroves. At least the bugs aren’t out biting like they were in mid summer.

For the rest of October we’re looking forward to catching Bonefish, Snook ,Reds and small Tarpon.

This past week fishing has been at its best. We even caught bull sharks along with jacks and trout.

To all the Trout fisherman, the season is closed November and December. It opens up January the 1st.

Snook season ends December the 15th and reopens February the 1st.

To the anglers that catch and release, closed season wont matter “Lets go fishing” and catch a “biggun”.

The picture you see is an angler Buddy of mine who came down to fish and have A great time. I Know he did!

If you’re into birds, the winter foul will be coming in on the flats to feed. You’ll see Pink Flamingo mixed with the White Pelicans.

I’ll be doing more TV shows coming up soon. Hopefully we’ll give people an idea what its like to fish the flats and “ look” for the fish, ”site fishing”.

If you’re a fly fisherman you will love flats fishing for Bonefish or Reds and Snook.

If you want to go have fun and catch fish just call me on my boat phone 305-394-0505 any time.

This coming week is going to be great!

Capt. Leon

Day excursions are available for fishing Snook, Redfish, Bonefish, Tarpon, Trout, Permit, Spotted Seatrout and more. Night excursions are also available to fishing those huge, nocturnal Tarpon…. Whether you're an expert with a fly rod in search of that elusive Bonefish, or a novice out for your first Florida Bay adventure, Capt. Leon will put you on the fish!

Don't forget to visit Capt. Leon's Fishing Gallery to see who's catching what! Why isn't your picture here?!!

If you Love Fishing or Love Someone who Loves fishing, Visit Chartworkart.com and you can have a piece of the Backcountry all your own! There are also Offshore Fishing Galleries as well as Mermaids and Botanical Palm Tree Prints. You'll love what you see, please take a look... Salt water Fishing and Marine Life Art on Nautical Charts