Forest hens and fly tying.

Old November 14th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Roger Ohlund

Default Forest hens and fly tying.

Hi U all!

Visited a friend yesterday to do some bird hunting.
Andreas is a versaitile guy being a hunting guide, fishing guide, fishing
camp owner and taxidermist.

I spoke to him about what he would want to be paid if I asked him to put
together a package of treated feathers for fly tying (cleaned, dried and
treated against bakterias and other small animals living among the
feathers).

This package would then contain half a female capercaillie (cut so that half
the neck, half the body, a wing and half the tail would be included), half a
female black grouse, a ptarmigan and a hazelhen.
None of these birds are in any way protected in Sweden..
He said that the work, if he could do 8 such packages would be at a cost of
US$ 35.
I have two friends that want one package each which means that I need
another 6.
Vaughan and I will split another package which leaves 4 more to try and get
rid of.

(Vaughan, this one is on me. Did you have a spare rod tube that you wanted
to get rid of? ;-))

Anyone interested?
Anyone know what would happen in customs, at say the US border?
The declaration would be fly tying material.

Anyway, shipping would be added to the cost so if one could send everything
to one destination it would be cheaper.

(I personally make no money on this, and take upon me to distribute the
material. Andreas doesn't have this as a commercial idea of his own, he is
just responding to my inquiry.)

/ Roger
Daytime engineer
Lifetime flyfisherman
If you feel like it, visit http://biphome.spray.se/angler/ for info on
flyfishing in northern Sweden, Lapland

Old November 14th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Stefan Räjert

"Roger Ohlund" skrev i meddelandet
Hi U all!

Visited a friend yesterday to do some bird hunting....

----------------------8---------------------------------------

Anyone interested?

---------------------8----------------------------------------
/ Roger
Daytime engineer
Lifetime flyfisherman
If you feel like it, visit http://biphome.spray.se/angler/ for info on
flyfishing in northern Sweden, Lapland

Hi Roger!
This sounds interesting! Please put me down for a package!
Stefan

Old November 14th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Roger Ohlund

"Stefan Räjert" wrote in message

Hi Roger!
This sounds interesting! Please put me down for a package!
Stefan

Will do so!

/Roger

Old November 14th, 2003, 09:47 PM
news.teranews.com

Long time gone, since I posted here.
So, I count me in.
I hope I will be able to take part more regularly in this weired ROFF(T)
world.
I am not sure, but there should be no problem to send the feathers to
Germany.

TL

Wim

Old November 15th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Roger Ohlund

"Wim" wrote in message
s.com...
Yes and sice my last posting I got a new PC (damn I should first have

tested
my ID).
scusilo

Wim

"news.teranews.com" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
s.com...
Long time gone, since I posted here.
So, I count me in.
I hope I will be able to take part more regularly in this weired ROFF(T)
world.
I am not sure, but there should be no problem to send the feathers to
Germany.

TL

Wim

Ok, I got you marked for a package!

/Roger

Old November 15th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Vaughan Hurry

Vaughan and I will split another package which leaves 4 more to try and
get
rid of.

(Vaughan, this one is on me. Did you have a spare rod tube that you wanted
to get rid of? ;-))

Yes to both Roger - good idea!

Old November 16th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Willi

Roger Ohlund wrote:

Hi U all!

I'd be interested but I know nothing about getting them into the States.

Willi

Old November 16th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Roger Ohlund

"Willi" wrote in message

Roger Ohlund wrote:

Hi U all!

I'd be interested but I know nothing about getting them into the States.

Willi

Ok! I'll try to find out what regulations there are.

/Roger

Old November 17th, 2003, 07:39 AM
JR

Roger Ohlund wrote:

Visited a friend yesterday to do some bird hunting.
Andreas is a versaitile guy being a hunting guide, fishing guide, fishing
camp owner and taxidermist.

I spoke to him about what he would want to be paid if I asked him to put
together a package of treated feathers for fly tying (cleaned, dried and
treated against bakterias and other small animals living among the
feathers).

This package would then contain half a female capercaillie (cut so that half
the neck, half the body, a wing and half the tail would be included), half a
female black grouse, a ptarmigan and a hazelhen.
None of these birds are in any way protected in Sweden..
He said that the work, if he could do 8 such packages would be at a cost of
US$ 35.

Roger, I'd be interested in a package. Can pay you either in Euros or
dollars. Did your friend have an idea when he could get them ready by?

JR