Great flyswap of 2007....

Old December 27th, 2006, 08:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus

Default Great flyswap of 2007....

"Tim J." wrote in message
rb608 typed:
"Opus" wrote in message
So what's it gonna be? We're burnin' daylight Joe!

snip
'Tis a high honor for which I can't simply
annoint myself.

Aw, heck. When did *that* rule go into effect? The way it always worked in
the past is you said you were going to have a swap and that was that.
Freakin' sissy liberals. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

You leave Joe alone, you worthless, shiftless, filthy pig-mouthed,
Republican bastid! You know, you could fight over who gets to run the swap,
but NOOOOOO, you gotta make things complicated!

Love ya,

Op

Old December 27th, 2006, 09:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church

"rb608" wrote in

"Smoking North 45°" wrote in message
If there's a free spot, can I play?

The tradition of the annual ROFF Great Fly Swap is that signup will
begin at midnight on New Year's Eve. You are of course welcome to
participate; check back for the official announcement, guidelines, &
signup somewhere closer to 12/31 or 1/01. Whether it's me or some
other poor schmuck serving as swapmeister, that's when the details
will be forthcoming, most likely.

....um, so by implication I guess that makes me a poor schmuck? :-(

Frank Sr.
....just kidding Joe, good on ya for jumping in the breach
Old December 28th, 2006, 12:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Frank Church typed:
snip
...um, so by implication I guess that makes me a poor schmuck? :-(

Yep. No doubt about it. ;-)

Seriously:
Frank - I'm glad you're on the mend, my friend, and you'll be hosting
future GFS's in no time.
Joe - I've only jumped in to host the DDFS because you weren't around
and I didn't want to see the tradition you started die off. I doubt
anyone could hold a candle to your swapmeister abilities (well, except
for Frank.) I'll be grateful for the day when Frank is hosting the GFS
and Joe is hosting the DDFS and all the planets are again properly
aligned.
--
TL,
Tim

Old December 28th, 2006, 01:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

"Tim J." wrote in message
Seriously:
Frank - I'm glad you're on the mend, my friend, and you'll be hosting
future GFS's in no time.

Ditto that Frank. I've been tempted to call this the Frank's Wing and a
Prayer Fly Swap; but I'll just pray for the health of your wing & leave it
at that. :-)

Joe - I've only jumped in to host the DDFS because you weren't around and
I didn't want to see the tradition you started die off.

I was quite pleased someone did jump into that. The DDFS seemed a good idea
when I started it, and I was glad to see it kept alive in my absence. Not
everybody ties that pocket lint stuff, & a swap opportunity for those of us
who can't see anything smaller than a #8 was a good thing

I'll be grateful for the day when Frank is hosting the GFS and Joe is
hosting the DDFS and all the planets are again properly aligned.

Well, we'll align the planets later. For now, I'll knock off the
namby-pamby liberal **** & just declare myself the 2007 Great Fly Swap
swapmeister.

Details will be posted on or about the evening of 12/31. Signups will begin
1/01.

Joe F.

Old December 28th, 2006, 02:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

rb608 typed:
"Tim J." wrote in message

snip
I'll be grateful for the day when Frank is hosting the GFS and Joe is
hosting the DDFS and all the planets are again properly aligned.

Well, we'll align the planets later. For now, I'll knock off the
namby-pamby liberal **** & just declare myself the 2007 Great Fly Swap
swapmeister.

You da man, Joe. Welcome to the dark side.
--
TL,
Tim

Old December 28th, 2006, 01:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Frank Church" wrote in message
96...
...is in jeapordy if someone doesn't volunteer to fill in for me this
year.
A damned near useless left arm and a "limited range of movement" right arm
will keep me on the sidelines this year. I hope someone jumps in to keep
it
going. My slicer and dicer sez I should expect normal range of motion
without pain by this spring. I "might" try to tie but holding my left arm
up to the vise at this point doesn't seem likely.

Frank Sr.
...come on Timmy, just this once. ;-)

Frank, your recovery depends very much on how far you push yourself, in
therapy and under guidance. At six weeks I could tie flies...albeit I am
right handed and the left shoulder was worked on. At twelve weeks I capable
of returning to work but I stretched it out a little because a lot of my
work dealt with 'shock loading' various muscles....

john

Old December 28th, 2006, 05:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church

"asadi" wrote in
. net:

Frank, your recovery depends very much on how far you push yourself,
in therapy and under guidance. At six weeks I could tie
flies...albeit I am right handed and the left shoulder was worked on.
At twelve weeks I capable of returning to work but I stretched it out
a little because a lot of my work dealt with 'shock loading' various
muscles....

....I haven't begun therapy as yet John, Jan 3 is post-op day and that will
probably be the start of some sort of supervised or guided therapy.
Whatever it takes to get back in fishing shape....

Frank Sr
Old December 29th, 2006, 03:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
bugcaster

rb608 wrote:
"Tim J." wrote in message
[...]

Looking forward to the announcement.