Pontoon boat recommendations

Old June 4th, 2007, 06:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Steve Whittaker

Default Pontoon boat recommendations

I'm hoping someone can help me choose a pontoon boat. I'm looking for a
relatively lightweight boat that I can load onto the roof of my wagon.
While I'd be using it mostly for lake fishing, I would also like to use it
on Class 1 rivers. It should have an anchor system and be
corrosion-resistant because I may want to use it in Puget Sound
occasionally. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Steve

--
-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

Old June 4th, 2007, 08:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
John

Whichever type you get ( I have a Hobie Float Cat but I modified it so it
won't fit your needs) get Yakima racks with locks for your car top. Two
motorcycle straps will securely hold any pontoon boat and a good combination
lock will hinder thieves somewhat.

Good luck!
John

Old June 4th, 2007, 01:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Jun 4, 12:45 am, "Steve Whittaker" wrote:
I'm hoping someone can help me choose a pontoon boat. I'm looking for a
relatively lightweight boat that I can load onto the roof of my wagon.
While I'd be using it mostly for lake fishing, I would also like to use it
on Class 1 rivers. It should have an anchor system and be
corrosion-resistant because I may want to use it in Puget Sound
occasionally. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Consider the Buck's Bronco, specifically one with the casting
platform. They're rated to Class three (actually higher, but I would
be leary of that). The casting platform is great in still water, they
have tones of storage, dual air bladders in each pontoon and solid as
a rock.
Yes, you'll pay a bit more, this is the Caddy of pontoons, but they
last forever. Mine is 9-years old and has yet to have any problems
(not even a leak).
Frank Reid

Old June 5th, 2007, 06:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Kiene

I would look at Outcast, Scadden and Bucks for good quality boats, new or
used.

They all have web sites.

There are lots of really cheap junky boats out there that aren't even safe.
--
Boca Grande

Old June 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Padishar Creel

On Jun 3, 10:45 pm, "Steve Whittaker" wrote:
I'm hoping someone can help me choose a pontoon boat. I'm looking for a
relatively lightweight boat that I can load onto the roof of my wagon.
While I'd be using it mostly for lake fishing, I would also like to use it
on Class 1 rivers. It should have an anchor system and be
corrosion-resistant because I may want to use it in Puget Sound
occasionally. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Steve

--
-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

I have two Scadden Boats and I swear by them. Bugcaster is also a
Scadden man I am pretty sure he appreciates his as well.

www.northforkoutdoors.com/

Padishar Creel

Old June 6th, 2007, 10:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
dcabarle

I have a Scadden Cardiac Canyon for sale if you're interested. Follow
this link for a full description with photo's.

http://tinyurl.com/3dg9lk

Thanks for looking

--
dcabarle

-=Dennis=-

Old June 7th, 2007, 05:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
briansfly

Padishar Creel wrote:
On Jun 3, 10:45 pm, "Steve Whittaker" wrote:

I'm hoping someone can help me choose a pontoon boat. I'm looking for a
relatively lightweight boat that I can load onto the roof of my wagon.
While I'd be using it mostly for lake fishing, I would also like to use it
on Class 1 rivers. It should have an anchor system and be
corrosion-resistant because I may want to use it in Puget Sound
occasionally. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Steve

--
-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

I have two Scadden Boats and I swear by them. Bugcaster is also a
Scadden man I am pretty sure he appreciates his as well.

www.northforkoutdoors.com/

Padishar Creel

I'll jump on the Scadden bandwagon. I own a Skykomish Sunrise, and have
nothing but praise for it. I can load it on top of my camper shell, by
myself.

brians

Old June 8th, 2007, 03:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
FlyCaster

In article , "Bill Kiene"
wrote:

I would look at Outcast, Scadden and Bucks for good quality boats, new or
used.

They all have web sites.

There are lots of really cheap junky boats out there that aren't even safe.

You Mean like RIvendell Boats, who owns the Brittish Reel Company in (NOW)
in China, and make the overseas boats for Outcast, plus a bunch of OEM?

I would find it surprising for the Boca Grande to say that Outcast make
unsafe boats when the Boca sells Outcast boats
Old June 8th, 2007, 04:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
beeber

I second what Frank said about the Bronco. It has a stainless steel
frame and an anchor system. I love mine.

Bill

--
beeber