Another "Chicken Little"

Old January 9th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Bob Patton

Default Another "Chicken Little"

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/08/bu...08FUND.html?hp

I thought it was pretty interesting when I saw it this morning, so I printed
it off and put in my briefcase to bring home. Here's the actual report. I am
extremely doubtful that politicians will be able to look beyond the next
election and make the decisions that need to be made. As they say, ". . .a
combination of cyclical, geopolitical, and policy factors have erased a
decade's worth of fiscal consolidation, just a short time before the
retirement of the baby boom generation begins."

Here's the IMF report:

http://www.imf.org/external/Pubs/NFT/Op/227/index.htm

Bob

Old January 10th, 2004, 01:37 AM
daytripper

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:19:18 GMT, "Tim Carter"
wrote:
And now the fool is going to announce plans to go to the moon and to mars.
Must be using that same financial intelligence he helped bring to bear in
the oil company he bankrupted.

Oh well, this is what we get when we live in a country where an idiot can be
elected by campaigning on the 'I might be an idiot, but I'll have smart
people around me' platform. Sad, definitely very sad.

Did you read what Bush's own first Treasury Secretary had to say about how
Fearless Leader came off in meetings?

/daytripper ("A blind man in a meeting of deaf people". That's nice...)
Old January 10th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Tim Carter

wrote:
And now the fool is going to announce plans to go to the moon and to

mars.
Must be using that same financial intelligence he helped bring to bear in
the oil company he bankrupted.

Oh well, this is what we get when we live in a country where an idiot can

be
elected by campaigning on the 'I might be an idiot, but I'll have smart
people around me' platform. Sad, definitely very sad.

Did you read what Bush's own first Treasury Secretary had to say about how
Fearless Leader came off in meetings?

/daytripper ("A blind man in a meeting of deaf people". That's nice...)

I did, I was going to post it here as well. If that doesn't give the Right
wing pause, I don't know what will....

Old January 10th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Frank Church

"Tim Carter" wrote in
:
Did you read what Bush's own first Treasury Secretary had to say
about how Fearless Leader came off in meetings?

/daytripper ("A blind man in a meeting of deaf people". That's
nice...)

I did, I was going to post it here as well. If that doesn't give the
Right wing pause, I don't know what will....

....you left out the part where this bozo was forced out..do I smell a "get
even" book? OK, I'm gonna pull a Muskie here, check this out:

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...ck_neil_2.html

Frank Church
another uber vet
Old January 10th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Tim Carter

"Frank Church" wrote in message
9.11...
"Tim Carter" wrote in
:
Did you read what Bush's own first Treasury Secretary had to say
about how Fearless Leader came off in meetings?

/daytripper ("A blind man in a meeting of deaf people". That's
nice...)

I did, I was going to post it here as well. If that doesn't give the
Right wing pause, I don't know what will....

...you left out the part where this bozo was forced out..do I smell a "get
even" book? OK, I'm gonna pull a Muskie here, check this out:

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...ck_neil_2.html

Excellent commentary....and the only reason why I entertain any notions of
voting to re-elect Bush (the likelihood is exceptionally minimal...but
honestly, I know little about the Democratic candidates). His domestic
policies have been an utter disgrace. However, his resolve in doing some of
the things necessary on the international scene -- sometimes, in my view,
articulated poorly -- has been somewhat refreshing. I do, however,
recognize with some trepidation, the potential backlash from this 'Bush
Doctrine'.

Old January 10th, 2004, 05:10 PM
rw

daytripper wrote:

The first three years of this Administration have already been a moral and
ethical disaster, and has sown the seeds for a catastrophic future. What five
more years of this lunacy will bring is something I don't want to have to
contemplate...

It is SO BAD that it blinds people to just how bad it is. The magnitude
of this disaster is just too great to absorb. Bush is a figurehead
without an original thought in his head. His administration and his
policy are run by cynical political operators (one in particular, the
execrable Karl Rove).

Say what you want about Clinton, but he was running the show.

Old January 10th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Bob Patton

"daytripper" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:20:36 GMT, "Tim Carter"
wrote:

//snip//
Financially, the Administration has already dug the country another

trillion
dollars deeper into debt by mortgaging the future even while fattening the
wallets of its cronies. This one even has the Right worried.Tune in around
2006 to see the mushroom cloud of insolvency. Nice. At least the five

million
people that have gone jobless over the last three years will have lots of
company.

The first three years of this Administration have already been a moral and
ethical disaster, and has sown the seeds for a catastrophic future. What

five
more years of this lunacy will bring is something I don't want to have to
contemplate...

/daytripper

Education and investment attractiveness, key components of national growth
over the next generation, are being frittered away by out-of-control
deficits and spending on things that don't contribute one iota to growth.
Meanwhile, after growing since WW2, the middle class is shrinking, and we
are turning into a society where a few rich people are served by a growing
number of low-paid service industry workers. More polarization and less
productivity. Countries that are successful have large, vibrant middle
classes. We are going in the opposite direction.
Bob

Old January 10th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Peter Charles" wrote

Impressive list to which we should also add the Fenian Raids of 1866.

i note that you didn't snip a single word of the original post. for the
same technique, ms. snakefiddler has been taken to task at great length. i
patiently await the personal reprimands from various locations across the
roff nation.

double standard?

yftions
wayno (not that you took her to task, or that there's anything wrong with
the technique; but you get my drift.)

Old January 10th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Peter Charles

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:55:59 GMT, "Wayne Harrison"
wrote:

"Peter Charles" wrote

Impressive list to which we should also add the Fenian Raids of 1866.

i note that you didn't snip a single word of the original post. for the
same technique, ms. snakefiddler has been taken to task at great length. i
patiently await the personal reprimands from various locations across the
roff nation.

double standard?

yftions
wayno (not that you took her to task, or that there's anything wrong with
the technique; but you get my drift.)

To quote a well known countryman of yours, "Bring 'em on!"

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharl...ers/index.html
Old January 10th, 2004, 10:28 PM