Fishing in Canada

Old October 4th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Vittorix

Default Fishing in Canada

Hi to all.

I would like to go to Canada from Chicago for fishing and visiting next
weekend, probably in direction of Toronto.
can you suggest some idea about what to visit / where to fish/ places to
sleep.
every info will be welcome, thanks in advance

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old October 4th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Scott Seidman

"Vittorix" wrote in :

Hi to all.

I would like to go to Canada from Chicago for fishing and visiting next
weekend, probably in direction of Toronto.
can you suggest some idea about what to visit / where to fish/ places to
sleep.
every info will be welcome, thanks in advance

--
ciao
Vittorix

I'd recommend looking into the Grand River. I know little about the
season. Be careful with your licence-- you need a trout stamp, I think

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Old October 4th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Peter Charles

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:54:49 -0500, "Vittorix"
wrote:

Hi to all.

I would like to go to Canada from Chicago for fishing and visiting next
weekend, probably in direction of Toronto.
can you suggest some idea about what to visit / where to fish/ places to
sleep.
every info will be welcome, thanks in advance

Resident trout fishing in Ontario closes as of September 30th but some
rivers have extended seasons till Dec 31st. The Grand and the Credit
both have extended season sections.

Here's the MNR website with the regs in PDF format:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/fishing/

There's other fishing available on Lake Ontario and in many of the
thousands of lakes north and east of Toronto.

http://www.grindstoneangling.com/

http://www.wilsonstoronto.com/

are two shops to contact for guides and advice.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Vittorix

Scott Seidman wrote:

I would like to go to Canada from Chicago for fishing and visiting
next weekend, probably in direction of Toronto.

I'd recommend looking into the Grand River. I know little about the
season. Be careful with your licence-- you need a trout stamp, I

thanks Scott

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old October 8th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Vittorix

Peter Charles wrote:

I would like to go to Canada from Chicago for fishing and visiting

Resident trout fishing in Ontario closes as of September 30th but some

[cut]
are two shops to contact for guides and advice.

thanks a lot Peter.
for unexpected engagement I couldn't go in Canada this weekend. but I'll
keep your precious info for when I will go.

--
ciao
Vittorix