Ping: Riverman

Old June 23rd, 2009, 11:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default Ping: Riverman

Sorry, guy, but Lakewood is closed from the 11th thru the 18th. I
will be up there July 5 - 9. Grandson #1 is getting married (in
Bagor) on July 11, so I may stay in Maine that week, probably fish the
Alagash and some of the ponds. Will stay at Libby's.

The river was fishing VERY well last week, with morning, noon and
evening hatches. We took several big (3 to 5 lb) brookies at the
currents, and lots of big salmon, all on dries or very small soft
hackle nymphs. They had been running 400 cfs for over a week -
unheard of these days, and the lake is still full. So, fishing should
be good until mid July, and definitely late August. You should drive
in to the gate or use the Upton road and give it a try.

Old June 25th, 2009, 12:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

Dave it's spelt Bangor not Bagor.........Have a good time fish the
Kenduskeag Stream or the Salmon Pool just above the old Bangor Brewer
bridge on the Penobscot river......I keep looking at my Maine
Gazetteer and Richardson Lake one of these days I am going to get
there............
Old June 25th, 2009, 12:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:01:13 -0700 (PDT), Mike
wrote:

Dave it's spelt Bangor not Bagor..

No ****, Little Beaver? d;o)

I have a sticky N and T. ime for a ew compuer.

d;o)

Old June 25th, 2009, 01:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Dave LaCourse wrote:

I have a sticky N and T.

Sounds kinky.

Old June 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On 24 Juni, 00:56, Dave LaCourse wrote:
Sorry, guy, but Lakewood is closed from the 11th thru the 18th. *I
will be up there July 5 - 9. *Grandson #1 is getting married (in
Bagor) on July 11, so I may stay in Maine that week, probably fish the
Alagash and some of the ponds. *Will stay at Libby's.

The river was fishing VERY well last week, with morning, noon and
evening hatches. *We took several big (3 to 5 lb) brookies at the
currents, and lots of big salmon, all on dries or very small soft
hackle nymphs. *They had been running 400 cfs for over a week -
unheard of these days, and the lake is still full. *So, fishing should
be good until mid July, and definitely late August. *You should drive
in to the gate or use the Upton road and give it a try. *

Dave

Too bad it's closed...I might drive in the south side and hike through
the woods again, or if someone can tell me the way in to the gate, I
might do that. My primary goal for that week back home is to cast some
lines.

The Bangor Salmon Pool doesn't hold much appeal for me, since I grew
up only a few miles from there and that part of the state gives me the
haunts. Likewise the Kenduskeag, but I might make a run up to the West
Branch and cast some lines between Big Eddy and Big A.

Since you'll be in TGSOM that week, keep me posted here and maybe we
can still get together. I´m less picky about who I fish with with than
where I fish :-)

--riverman
Old June 25th, 2009, 11:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:52:33 -0700 (PDT), riverman
wrote:

I´m less picky about who I fish with with than
where I fish :-)

d;o)

Changed my plans. I will be there from July 1 thru the 8th. And I
have *the* fly to use. Be nice to see ya. Let me know; I'll have
internet while in camp.

Old June 26th, 2009, 12:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

wrote:
I´m less picky about who I fish with with than
where I fish :-)

d;o)

Changed my plans. *I will be there from July 1 thru the 8th. *And I
have *the* fly to use. *Be nice to see ya. *Let me know; I'll have
internet while in camp.

Dave

July 1-8 is too early....I fly from Sweden to the US on July 13, so
I'll be available to fish from July 14-21. Any chance of being on the
Rapid after they reopen Lakewood on the 18th?

--riverman
Old June 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 04:51:36 -0700 (PDT), riverman
wrote:

Any chance of being on the
Rapid after they reopen Lakewood on the 18th?

Sure, but let me see how the fishing is next week. If the water is
too warm, fishing will be down. I'll e-mail you from camp and let you
know.