brim fishin

Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Default brim fishin

went up to the mouth of the roanoke and part of the albemarle sound
today looking for some stripers. jim caught an undersize rock, jerry
caught one undersize flounder - both released. i...master angler...
caught a keeper brim. "trilene" species according to its label...g

jeff

Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

caught a glimpse of a big blue too...

Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

a week or more ago...while shad fishing

Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie Choc

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:49:45 -0400, jeff miller
wrote:

i...master angler...
caught a keeper brim. "trilene" species according to its label...g

Was that in the water when you caught it, or on someone's head? ;-)
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old March 23rd, 2008, 03:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"jeff miller" wrote in message
. ..
went up to the mouth of the roanoke and part of the albemarle sound
today looking for some stripers. jim caught an undersize rock, jerry
caught one undersize flounder - both released. i...master angler...
caught a keeper brim. "trilene" species according to its label...g

jeff

How long did it take ya to land it? Looks like a trash fish to me.

By the by, I bumped into 'ol Snakefiddler the other day in the library. She
was finishing up her thesis and should complete her Appalachian Studies
Program very shortly.

I, on the other hand, have another year to complete my MPA and plan on
applying to the doctoral program in educational leadership in March of '09.

Additionally, Bear and I scouted some waters above the Globe today. If I am
capable of reading a topo map, we crossed over and fished New Year's Creek
and China Creek, and just crossed over Thunderhole Creek. Wayno is supposed
to call me about Thunderhole, tomorrow sometime. Where Bear and I went in is
apparently an old logging road that the Forest Service has opened in
preparation for their GLOBE PROJECT--the one that has all of the ridge
runners in Blowing Rock so upset.

This appears to be a great spot to camp. I caught and missed several fish,
but will need to do some more recon work.

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Op

Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Brim, bream. Whatever.

Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

wrote:

i...master angler...
caught a keeper brim. "trilene" species according to its label...g

Was that in the water when you caught it, or on someone's head? ;-)

ah, that hurts! it was fairly caught while trolling...not sure if there
was anybody under it when i hooked into it (hope not), but it put up a
decent fight and was the only keeper of the day.

last time i went fishing with jerry, he caught a zebco reel while
casting for speckled trout.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:
jeff

How long did it take ya to land it?

it actually struggled as hard as jim's 14 inch striper and jerry's 13
inch flounder, and i didn't have to throw mine back.

I, on the other hand, have another year to complete my MPA and plan on
applying to the doctoral program in educational leadership in March of '09.

congrats on that...reckon your fishing days will be fewer still. if i'd
had a choice, i'd still be in college too!

i've fished thunderhole twice by entering from the valley entrance by a
bridge.
walk up along the stream about a mile or more before you start.
never could find a spot to drop in from a ridge. once in, don't try to
find the trail out in the dark...it's a sure road to hell. ask wayno.
also, there used to be some mean dogs that didn't like strangers. lower
section has smallies and a few browns. once you conquer t-hole, you'll
be ready for racket cr.

jeff

Old March 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

jeffc wrote:

"jeff miller" wrote in message
. ..

Was that in the water when you caught it, or on someone's head? ;-)

ah, that hurts! it was fairly caught while trolling...

"Fairly caught" - good one. Like there would be less glory if you had
snagged it.

well, it was traveling about somewhere in the water column...a
substantial area, i might add... and, i did select the particular lure,
the trolling speed, etc. now, if i had been sight casting for it, i
admit it might have been a more worthy pursuit. but, all-in-all, i
think my skill was well matched to the quarry. g
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Mike Makela

Hey that looks like the hat I lost a couple of years ago.

Were you fishing in Albemarle Sound?