Strangest Bait

Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:14 PM
Harry

Default Strangest Bait

What's the strangest bait you have caught a fish on?

Old January 2nd, 2004, 09:36 PM
Mark

"Harry" wrote in message
What's the strangest bait you have caught a fish on?

Snot - 1 lb 9oz Roach

I was 12 years old and it came from my left nostril.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 10:58 PM
Dave Smith

"Harry" wrote in message
What's the strangest bait you have caught a fish on?

Not really a strange bait but I had some great fun catching Salp and another
small silver fish off a pub wall in croatia some years ago. with a waggler
and loads of bread and meat spread and them German sausage things (i think
the fish where the only thing that would eat the bloody things) nicked from
the continental buffett breakfast.. Had a right bollocking off the the
manager and one of the barmaids for it too!!

Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:45 PM
Gray

Dave Smith" wrote in message

"Harry" wrote in message
What's the strangest bait you have caught a fish on?

Not really a strange bait but I had some great fun catching Salp and

another
small silver fish off a pub wall in croatia some years ago. with a waggler
and loads of bread and meat spread and them German sausage things (i think
the fish where the only thing that would eat the bloody things) nicked

from
the continental buffett breakfast.. Had a right bollocking off the the
manager and one of the barmaids for it too!!
Dave

Go to the Caribbean and fish on any jetty

Ok

Use

Sweetcorn

fresh or tinned doesn't matter the Snapper love it

--
Merry Christmas

From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps

---

Old January 3rd, 2004, 03:55 PM
Phil L

Harry wrote:
: What's the strangest bait you have caught a fish on?

Carp on a bit of kitkat, also chick peas and heinz beanz work quite well in
summer, they seem to enjoy starchy things..

Old January 3rd, 2004, 04:40 PM
Harry

Carp seem to try anything once.

Here some other baits which have caught Carp:

Dead Perch
Sprat
Smelt
Chicken
Grass
Asda Milk bottle sweets
Trebor Softmint
Green Winegum
Chewitts
MarsBar
Fag Butt

Old January 6th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Dave Brown

Caught an 8lb pike on an empty swimfeeder once, bugger would just not let go
!!

Cheerz - Brownz
http://fishing.brownz.org/

Old January 6th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Bob

When working in South Africa I was in a compound which was an old country
club it had a big lake full of Tilapia and massive Carp. I asked my
director if I could fish the place and he said yes. The problem was I only
had a small telescopic rod and 18lb braid and a few lures and traces all
with trebles on. Anyway I tried for w while and got nothing.
As I was on the balcony of the restraunt I looked round for something to use
as bait. It was mid morning and nothing edible around but I did spot some
plastic fruit and on the table some small jars of local very nastyand bitter
marmalade(that why it was left from breakfast). I cut the end of a plastic
banana and made up a hair rig with braid and a treble. The plastic banana
was filled with this so called marmalade.

I head no wieghts and the plastic banana floated very high in the water,
next thing a tilapia weighing about 7lb took the bait and gave quite a fight
on my small rod. In the next two hours I landed about 20 of these which
one of the waiters spirited away for his family. I could see some mega
carp swimming around by this time and next thing one took teh plastic banana
and steamed off across the lake, bear in mind I had an eight foot telescopt
lure rod and a small multiplier. Anyway after about an hour it gave up and
I towed it round to where I could beach it and it was by far my personal
best fish mind you it was weighed on a set of ancient scales the sort you
used to seen in the gents and had to put a penny. If the weight was correct
it weighed just over 60lb and it was not the biggest carp in the lake.

If any carpers want to chase these fish you will have to work miles from
anywhere in a compound with trips to Jo with an armed guard - why because
gold mining is a very secure business.