First bass of the year...

Old February 6th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Charles B. Summers

Default First bass of the year...

It wasn't a hawg or a lunker... but it was beautiful, no doubt.

Joe and I dropped the boat in Percy Priest yesterday morning close to noon,
fished until about 3:00. He had somewhere to be at 5, so we already knew it
was going to be a short trip. It actually seemed alot longer than the time
we were actually out since the only fish that was caught was caught early
into our trip. Still, the weather was BEAUTIFUL!

We talked to a guy named Greg that I usually see quite often, and it seems
that Greg had only caught one fish as well. I thought, "Well, at least we
know there are two fish in this lake", when Greg asked if we wanted to see
his. The monster he pulled out of his livewell was a surprise... it was a 7
1/2 pound smallmouth! Absolutely a beautiful fish. I have only seen one
other larger sized smallmouth come from this lake, but it was a pound
lighter. This gives me hope for the coming year... LOL

I think I'm going to take this year off from fishing the club tournaments,
and even going to pass on the BFL. My daughter wants to play softball this
year and will require me to be at most of her games, missing tournaments.
I'd rather be there fir her anyway. BUT... I think that I'm going to start
seeking some of these smallies that are *suppose* to be in the lake,
especially since I've been proved to that they are there.

Old February 7th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Joshuall

Charles,

Did he hit em in the river by any chance. I'm thinking of a bend near
Stewarts Creek bridge that we smacked em on a few years ago. Never really
hit smallies of any size on the main lake.

And you made right decisiion. You're a young man and plenty years left
for the club tourney scene. Daughter will never forget you being there at
her games. You just scored a first place in my book.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear