mattamuskeet bass

Old May 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Default mattamuskeet bass

jim and i caught a few bass in the lake yesterday...most about this size.

jeff

Old May 6th, 2008, 02:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
QUAKEnSHAKE

Nice
Better than what Ive been catching so far.

Old May 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Wayne Harrison

"jeff miller" wrote in message
. ..
jim and i caught a few bass in the lake yesterday...most about this size.

jeff

the ol dog has really lost some weight. i need to come see you guys,
soon.
is that a spinner bait? what did you catch them on?

wayno

Old May 6th, 2008, 05:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Wayne Harrison wrote:
"jeff miller" wrote in message
. ..
jim and i caught a few bass in the lake yesterday...most about this size.

jeff

the ol dog has really lost some weight. i need to come see you guys,
soon.
is that a spinner bait? what did you catch them on?

wayno

johnson spoons with added plastic tails mainly, but one or two on
spinner bait. Jim caught a bigger one than posted, but he was
half-nekkid at the time and the photo of him would have detracted
significantly from the beauty of the fish. g All of the fish were
healthy, but most were caught around the trees...and the trees in the
lake are some distance apart as you know.

the lake has my interest up, but it really requires a very shallow draft
boat to get to places and you can't be in a hurry. We churned mud and
timber all day. it's a beautiful place to be though. Tried to interest
Jim in two or three of us going in on a lot down there, but I think he
enjoys talking about the one that got away. He's really been in bad
straits with his back, and can't get out in the gheenoe, so options have
been limited. I think he enjoyed the trip after about 5 weeks on his
back taking hydrocodone or oxycontin or whatever the hell it is they
give folks for serious chronic back pain.

jeff
Old May 7th, 2008, 01:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

jeffc wrote:

"jeff miller" wrote in message
. ..

jim and i caught a few bass in the lake yesterday...most about this size.

Is that a 1 weight, or a 0 weight? Because that is some very thin fly line
my friend.

thin indeed. power pro on a spinning rod is near invisible. g
mattamuskeet would be fun to wade...very shallow in most spots, but
there are some mucky areas. it would be like hiking 6 miles up
snowbird... you should take a look at it. only about 4 hours east of you.

jeff
Old May 7th, 2008, 03:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Tim J.

Jeff wrote:
Wayne Harrison wrote:
[...]

If PJ has a herniated disc, I highly recommend the microscopic discectomy.
He won't need the oxycontin, but from what I've heard about Jim, and for
your benefit or amusement, you could just slip some in his coffee from time
to time. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 7th, 2008, 12:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Tim J. wrote:

Jeff wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote:

"jeff miller" wrote in message
et...

[...]

g i think those medicines make people crazy...in jim's case, i'm not
sure i want to be nearby if his "id" gets high or fully released. i
think he's going to try the epidural injections first. but, the days of
heavy pounding to chase the fish may be at an end for him. we'll see.

trust your doing well...will you be at penns this year?

jeff
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Tim J.

jeff miller wrote:
Tim J. wrote:

snip

If PJ has a herniated disc, I highly recommend the microscopic
discectomy. He won't need the oxycontin, but from what I've heard
about Jim, and for your benefit or amusement, you could just slip
some in his coffee from time to time. ;-)

g i think those medicines make people crazy...in jim's case, i'm
not sure i want to be nearby if his "id" gets high or fully released.
i think he's going to try the epidural injections first. but, the
days of heavy pounding to chase the fish may be at an end for him.
we'll see.
trust your doing well...will you be at penns this year?

Yes, I'm doing well (thanks for asking), and no, I won't be a Penns. This
year I'll be taking it pretty slow and easy on the local streams here in New
England. You boyos enjoy yourselves.
--
TL,
Tim