Whats happening 'ound Oz?

Old August 14th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Norman Lever

Default Whats happening 'ound Oz?

What part of the lake?
What bait?
Is there a good spot for shore-fishing?

"AHCHouseboats" wrote in message
Big brown trout are in numbers at Lake Eildon with the rain and the water
rising there have been several over 10lb on the old scale caught recently
most though are in the 1 to 3 pound bracket

--
Ahoy High Country Houseboats
Heaven in the High Country

"jabsy" wrote in message
Darwin Harbour is hot and cold, a few smallish barra around the place,
looking promising for when the water warms up. The mud crabs are fussy,

most
that went out last sunday only got one each, while a couple of weeks aho
7-12 was an average. Reef fishing has also been quiet so far.

"Steve Paris" wrote in message
"Peter Mance" wrote in message
Sydney harbour seems to be overrun with Port Jackson sharks at

present.
I got about a dozen at two spots near North Head on the weekend.

Let the lot go.

Cairns Qld. Coastal rivers are starting to fire up again after our '4

week'
winter. Temps are on the rise and fishing should only get better as

the
mercury rises. Plenty of Trevally and Sickle fish around the Inlet, as

well
as some monster Threadfin Salmon. I was spooled last weekend by a 10kg

plus
Threadfin, had no hope of stopping it, even with 8kg. Ten minutes

later
had a 5/O hook totally straightened by what I think was either a BIG

GT
or
monster Barra. Only saw it's dorsal fin and back lunge out of the

water
while it was thrashing around 50 metres from the boat.

--
Steve Paris L/S
Tropical Cairns Nth Queensland

Old August 16th, 2004, 12:40 PM
AHCHouseboats

The big ones have come out of the big river arm. I don't know what they were
caught on as the reports have been second hand by the time I got them. The
area around the boat ramps at Goughs Bay has been consistently producing
trout to 1.5kg from the bank on scrubbies in recent weeks

Old August 17th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Norman Lever

Looks like it might be worth the drive from suburban Melbourne!

Thanks for the tip.

How's the water level looking at the moment? Is it being improved by the
rain, or will you have to wait till the snow melts to see if this year will
be better?

Old August 19th, 2004, 04:56 AM
AHCHouseboats

Water level is rising fast and we look like having a bumper season this year
We hit 30% yesterday which is considerably higher than it has been this time
for the last several years. The lake is rising between 15 and 35 cm per day
and we should reach over 50% for the season for the first time in ages. The
snow season has been icredible so when that melts we will have an extra
boost as well. At 30% Lake Eildon is about 3 or 4 times the size of Sydney
harbour with a coast line a little larger than Port Phillip bay so there is
heaps of water to fish and ski or cruise as you please.

Old August 20th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Lindsay

Lindsay wrote:

Tuna at Narooma?

Snapper in SA?

My brother in Perth is reporting Spanish Mackeral to 30 KG(!)
around Exmouth.

Looking forward to a feed...

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

"Every dog does have his day and given our championship position,
we can take much bigger risks because it won't affect our
championship position" Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT. 22/05/04

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN