SW spinnerbaits

Old January 27th, 2004, 05:34 AM
J Buck

Default Here's The Deal (formerly Drop Shot rubber band... )

Seriously Buck... this is good stuff. Not the Rodney rant. This is what
was referring to: SNIP

Ok, my mistake. I was replying to the whole post in question

Old January 27th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Charles B. Summers

Default champion vs lund (renamed post)

That fiberglass will save your life one day too! I'd hate to be in a tin
boat trying to cut through some of those bad waves... Sure, it can be done
but I just feel safer in the fiberglass. Plus, you'll really get blown all
over the lake with high sides. Maybe a couple of drift socks though, will
hold you enough.

Guess no-one makes a striper boat, but Jim Duckworth here in Tennessee makes
his own. www.jimduckworth.com

"Crownliner" wrote in message
well i don't know. i fish 75% of the time for hybrid striper in the

middle
of the lake on some awful windy days. the champion is great when running
through the waves, but suffers a little from spray when just sitting.

i don't tournament fish anymore for bass, hardly bass fish outside of
winter, and have a '96 champion i am thinking about selling. the lund i
want is about 34k which is about the same as a new bass boat, but has a

few
features i really want like bait wells, and high sides.

i may or may not, go for it. i was a little disapointed in what the

dealer
offered for the champion and may just keep it. it has brought a lot of

fish
over the side, and i only guide about 10 trips a year now, all repeat guys
who don't care about the boat as long as we catch fish.

crownliner
"Charles B. Summers" charles-summers@(comcast)(dot)(net) wrote in

message
Giving up a Champion for a tin (?) boat??? Say it aint so!

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
"Crownliner" wrote in message
snip
speaking of
which i am thinking of selling my champion and buying a lund pro v.

anyone
ever fish from one? if so how did you like it compared to a bass

boat?

peace
crownliner

Old January 27th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Charles B. Summers

Default SW spinnerbaits

I think you mean the great Rodmaker/Redding wars of the90's!

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Oh man, I haven't even cursed here! You forget the Rodney vs Rodmaker

wars?
They were classic.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"RR" wrote in message
So I get props for starting the thread that inadvertantly caused the

first
big flame of 2004?
;-)
Been a lurker here for at least 3 years and cant remember it getting

this
nasty.

"go-bassn" wrote in message
lol Joe, one can tell you haven't been around ROFB as long as some of

us.
This is an annual event. See ya in 2005!

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"Joe" wrote in message
You must have set a NG record for the most innocent post that flamed

off
topic and out of control. ;-) Joe Z.
"RR" wrote in message
Didnt expect all this from my original post.... wasnt trying to stir

in
any
pot. In any case, I got the lures today and they look GREAT. Cant

wait
try them out this weekend. Thanks guys.

"RR" wrote in message

Well, after reading posts about the Secret Weapon

spinnerbaits,
have
finally decided to give them a try. As if I needed more

spinnerbaits,
ordered 3 today. Got a friend of mine to order some as well so we

could
order together. We each got 3 in different sizes and colors.

Hoping
they
will get here before the 31st so I can try them out on a local
tournament
here!
At least if they work, we wont be lying to the members of our bass

club
when
we say we caught them on a 'secret weapon'.

Old January 27th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Rodney

go-bassn wrote:
I'll be looking forward to that Rodney, while I'm videotaping your
rubberband spooking bass in shallow water.

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OF MY BUNGEES !!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T FORGET TO CUT THE FILM ON EVERY BASS YOU ACTUALLY CATCH

Good thing everything's archived on the internet, I think I'll forward some
of your more amusing posts to Renosky & Mojo.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO AS THEY WILL BE JOINING ME IN THE SLANDER SUIT, YOU
HAVE SLANDERED THEIR PRODUCTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE ALREADY SPOKEN TO BOTH OF THEM

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Stand Out Hooks ,

Old January 27th, 2004, 10:37 PM
John Kerr

Default Here's The Deal (formerly Drop Shot rubber band... )(Rodney)

You said you were not going to post to this group anymore...just lurk,
and read?

Old January 28th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Craig

Rodney told his psychiatrist that everyone hates him. His psychiatrist told
him that was ridiculous - he hasn't met everyone yet!

Come on guys, we have to cut Rodney a little slack. Ever since he was born
his mother has had morning sickness.

Talk about rejection, ever since Rodney was a kid and wanted to go
ice-fishing, his family would tell him, "Wait til it gets warmer."

When Rodney was born the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to his
father, "I'm so very sorry. We did everything we could...but he pulled
through."

You know Rodney had it tough, every time he played in the sandbox as a kid,
his cat kept trying to cover him up.

And you could tell how much his parents loved him. Every time Rodney went
to take a bath, his parents would yell, "Don't forget to plug in the radio,
hair dryer, and your electric toothbrush."

Although his parents were outstanding citizens. They offered to make him a
poster boy . . for birth control.

Once as a kid he was lost, and asked a police officer to help him find his
parents. The Officer turned and saw him and said, "I don't know kid. There
are too many places for them to hide."

Every time his father wanted sex, his mother would hold up a picture of him.

The other day Rodney went for a physical. He asked the doctor, "Doc, every
morning when I get up and look in the mirror I feel like throwing up.
What's wrong with me? The doctor told him, "I don't know, but your eyesight
is perfect."

I thought it was time to insert a little humor.

--
Craig Baugher

Old January 28th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Henry Hefner

Charles B. Summers wrote:

Great explaination Warren... and I'd probably think about putting this
info
in the FAQ's if anyone wants to second it

I'll second it! I already put it in my save file.

Old January 28th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Crownliner

i was under the impression the lund was supposed to be the ultimate rough
water boat. the wind factor though is one i have considered. it would be a
drifting machine in a stiff breeze.

never used a drift sock, but on a big school of hybrids we will pitch an
anchor once in a while. that is one of the worst times in the champion.
man talk about bobbing in the waves. enough to make a guy seasick.

peace
crownliner
"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast) wrote in
message ...

Old January 28th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Henry Hefner

Rodney wrote:

go-bassn wrote:

I'll be looking forward to that Rodney, while I'm videotaping your
rubberband spooking bass in shallow water.

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY OF MY BUNGEES !!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T FORGET TO CUT THE FILM ON EVERY BASS YOU ACTUALLY CATCH

Good thing everything's archived on the internet, I think I'll forward
some
of your more amusing posts to Renosky & Mojo.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO AS THEY WILL BE JOINING ME IN THE SLANDER SUIT, YOU
HAVE SLANDERED THEIR PRODUCTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE ALREADY SPOKEN TO BOTH OF THEM

Who is this? It can't be Rodney, as he said LAST post would be his last
and we all know he'd never lie.

As to him not having any rubber bands, you obviously haven't checked
ABPF today. heh heh

Old January 28th, 2004, 01:43 AM
Charles Summers

Maybe try a drift sock on the Champion. I haven't had a chance to actually
use mine yet... so it may be the same as setting out an anchor... I don't
know. Just guessing.

--
Charles B. Summers