resizing photos

Old November 15th, 2007, 03:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Default resizing photos

For the new guys

When you do resize your photos for posting,, make sure you save it under
another file name from the original,, or you just "lost" your high
quality original.

Another thing is cropping,, crop out everything but what you want to
really show, sometimes, after cropping no resizing is even needed

Normally I use the same file name plus an "S" on the end of, or in front
of it, just reminding me this is the small version of it, the one I post
or email to others, or place on my web site.

Your photos posted here should be no larger than what you find on web
sites, those smaller images show everything you want to brag about
anyway :-), and you want the largest number of people to view it,, many
just won't look at the HUGE files they have to wait on to download.

For the experts, they also "compress" their images for posting, all
photo software allows for this, and this makes images load almost instantly
--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old November 15th, 2007, 03:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
fganje

After I resized a ten pound walleye I caught this summer it only weighed 3.5
pounds. I'll never do that again!

Old November 15th, 2007, 04:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

fganje wrote:
After I resized a ten pound walleye I caught this summer it only weighed 3.5
pounds. I'll never do that again!

That happens to every bass photo I take as well

Old November 15th, 2007, 09:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

Rodney Long wrote:
[...]

For people running Windows XP, there is a powertoy that not only resizes
but also compresses the image. This means you can take a 2, 3 or 4+ MB
picture and change it into a 800X600 picture (good size for the
newsgroup) of less than 100 KB. It also saves it as a copy so you don't
lose your original. All you have to do is right click the photo and the
option of resize picture is in the menu.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Willi