fenwick cartridge reels

Old November 19th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Dan

Default fenwick cartridge reels

Does anyone know anything about the Fenwick cartridge fly reels? Who makes
'em; are they old or new, any good, etc, etc.

Dan

Old November 19th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Peter Charles

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:08:29 -0800, "Dan"
wrote:

Does anyone know anything about the Fenwick cartridge fly reels? Who makes
'em; are they old or new, any good, etc, etc.

Dan

Any URLs with pictures? The two most common cartridge systems are
made by BFR and STH. Chances are the Fenwick is made by either one of
these companies.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharl...ers/index.html
Old November 20th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Bill Kiene

Hi Dan,

I found the Fenwick cartridge fly reels and spools on the web.

I think they are made in England by the British Fly Reel Company now owned
by the Orvis Company. British Fly Reel Company makes lots of low end fly
reels for many companies like SA and Cortland too. Orvis had so many
Battenkill made there, they decided to buy it 5 to 10 years ago?

It looks strangely similar to the original (non-large arbor) Rocky Mountain
by Orvis.

I don't think you will get hurt for $44.95 for a reel and $12.95 for a
cartridge.

http://www.fishusa.com/tackleshop/ca...V2CPW7TJ7BD67A

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

Old November 20th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Peter Charles

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:57:42 GMT, "Bill Kiene"
wrote:

Hi Dan,

I found the Fenwick cartridge fly reels and spools on the web.

I think they are made in England by the British Fly Reel Company now owned
by the Orvis Company. British Fly Reel Company makes lots of low end fly
reels for many companies like SA and Cortland too. Orvis had so many
Battenkill made there, they decided to buy it 5 to 10 years ago?

It looks strangely similar to the original (non-large arbor) Rocky Mountain
by Orvis.

I don't think you will get hurt for $44.95 for a reel and $12.95 for a
cartridge.

http://www.fishusa.com/tackleshop/ca...V2CPW7TJ7BD67A

In that case, it's a decent reel. Both my son and I have had BFR
Dragonflies (the original version of the Orvis RM) and never have had
any problems. The price is decent.