I hate the Patriots

Old February 6th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Mike Connor

Default I hate the Patriots

"Wayne Harrison" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. com...

Just a question.

Are "The Patriots" a football ( or whatever ) team, from Patrick Henry high
school?

TL
MC

Old February 7th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Wayne Knight

"Mike Connor" wrote in message

Are "The Patriots" a football ( or whatever ) team, from Patrick Henry

high
school?

In this particular scenario, The New England Partiots are the nickname of a
team which plays American style football based in Foxboro Mass. Last Sunday,
the Patriots beat a team from Carolina called the Panthers for the
championship of the League in a spectacle which has been called the super
bowl. It has become an event for many in america, usually the most watched
television show of the year which takes place after a significant amount of
hype and build up.

The games usually suck but every once in a while there's a good one. The one
last sunday's game was a good one.

Old February 7th, 2004, 02:15 AM
daytripper

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 20:42:17 -0500, "Wayne Knight"
wrote:

"Mike Connor" wrote in message

Are "The Patriots" a football ( or whatever ) team, from Patrick Henry

high
school?

In this particular scenario, The New England Partiots are the nickname of a
team which plays American style football based in Foxboro Mass. Last Sunday,
the Patriots beat a team from Carolina called the Panthers for the
championship of the League in a spectacle which has been called the super
bowl. It has become an event for many in america, usually the most watched
television show of the year which takes place after a significant amount of
hype and build up.

The games usually suck but every once in a while there's a good one. The one
last sunday's game was a good one.

Minor correction: with the championship game still in doubt with only four
seconds left on the clock, last Sunday's game was as good as it gets...

/daytripper (And the second best game was played in 2002 ;-)
Old February 7th, 2004, 04:27 AM
rb608

"daytripper" wrote in message
Minor correction: with the championship game still in doubt with only four
seconds left on the clock, last Sunday's game was as good as it gets...

With all due respect to my friends in the northeast; all the hyperbole about
this "great" game is a bit overblown beyond the geography of NE fans.
Neither team played consistently great football on either side of the ball.
The Pats pretty well kicked their asses early on, and it should have been a
laugher at the end. Only a few lucky breaks, blown calls, and missed
opportunities kept the game in doubt at all. Exciting finish? Undeniably.
Great game? Hardly, IMHO.

Joe F.

Old February 7th, 2004, 04:36 AM
-- Rob

last Sunday's game was as good as it gets...

agreed. and it's no minor correction.
my throat hurt for 2 days afterwards...
and I didn't go to no steenkin' parade
either...

-- Rob
-- so much fishing, so little time --
--please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--
Old February 7th, 2004, 04:37 AM
-- Rob

Undeniably.
Great game? Hardly, IMHO.

Joe F.

I guess you could deny it, but I guess
the greatness comes with the magnitude of the hype, no? I mean, it was great
for a superbowl, wasn't it?
Old February 7th, 2004, 05:44 PM
daytripper

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 04:27:07 GMT, "rb608"
wrote:

"daytripper" wrote in message
Minor correction: with the championship game still in doubt with only four
seconds left on the clock, last Sunday's game was as good as it gets...

With all due respect to my friends in the northeast; all the hyperbole about
this "great" game is a bit overblown beyond the geography of NE fans.
Neither team played consistently great football on either side of the ball.
The Pats pretty well kicked their asses early on, and it should have been a
laugher at the end. Only a few lucky breaks, blown calls, and missed
opportunities kept the game in doubt at all. Exciting finish? Undeniably.
Great game? Hardly, IMHO.

There had to be *someone* out there whose definition of "great game" differs
from the other 99.9999999999% of viewers sitting on the edge of their seats to
the very end....

/daytripper (And now I can say: I know that guy ;-)
Old February 7th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Wolfgang

"daytripper" wrote in message
news
There had to be *someone* out there whose definition of "great game"

differs
from the other 99.9999999999% of viewers sitting on the edge of their

seats to
the very end....

/daytripper (And now I can say: I know that guy ;-)

Um.....99.9999999998.

And you know HIM, too.

Wolfgang
who watched the last eighth and never did figure out which team was which.

Old February 7th, 2004, 05:56 PM
rw

On 2004-02-07 10:44:51 -0700, daytripper said:

There had to be *someone* out there whose definition of "great game"

differs
from the other 99.9999999999% of viewers sitting on the edge of their

seats to
the very end....

/daytripper (And now I can say: I know that guy ;-)

Wow! One trillion people people watched the Super Bowl! :-)

Old February 7th, 2004, 07:12 PM
daytripper

On 2004-02-07 10:44:51 -0700, daytripper said:

There had to be *someone* out there whose definition of "great game"

differs
from the other 99.9999999999% of viewers sitting on the edge of their

seats to
the very end....

/daytripper (And now I can say: I know that guy ;-)

Wow! One trillion people people watched the Super Bowl! :-)

decimal point taken. can't screw up around here without someone noticing...

otoh, what with the OTT broadcasts, they might not be "people" - but they
could be well over a trillion, eventually ;-)

/daytripper (it's one hella big stadium Out There...)