Car Keys

Old July 14th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Wayne Knight

Default Car Keys

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by local presence. When I use
AAA roadside assistance, I call an 800 number. The AAA operator calls
a local towing service (or whatever it might be) and that local
service sends someone out to help. Are there no local towing services
in northern Colorado that do business with AAA?

Not an uncommon experience in rural areas. SW Kansas, NW Oklahoma and SW CO
did not have AAA contracts either. I had to have my car towed to the dealer
after the maker's roadside assistance ran out, and they had to send the tow
truck from Wichita (150 miles) which was just as well as the nearest
servicing dealer was there anyway.

My experience with AAA in Indiana has not been what most are saying. A
lockout downtown and a blowout on I-70 resulted in my wife waiting a couple
of hours each time, might have been longer except in the first I finally got
the message at work and went to unlock it, and the other time one of those
courtesy road assistance groups came along and changed her tire.

Old July 14th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Conan the Librarian

Wolfgang wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by local presence. When I use
AAA roadside assistance, I call an 800 number. The AAA operator calls
a local towing service (or whatever it might be) and that local
service sends someone out to help. Are there no local towing services
in northern Colorado that do business with AAA?

I can't speak for anyone else, but SWMBO belongs to AAA, and the
time she had a flat on the southwest side of Austin she had to wait for
three hours for someone to show up.

And when she had a dead battery at home, is took about the same
amount of time to get a tow-truck out to her. (We live about 30 miles
outside of Austin.) Evidently they have one towing service that they
work with for calls in our area, and they weren't in any hurry to send a
driver out for a single call.

Chuck Vance

Old July 14th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Rob S.

Actually, even moving to the "state" of South Jersey (below exit 80

on the GSP)
would be nice, very different folks down there...

I spent a couple of months in the great state of South Jersey back in
the winter of '69-'70. I'm told it's a beautiful place. In the
winter it struck me mostly as stark.......but then, I was there under
less than ideal circumstances.

South Jersey in the winter is rather stark since it primarily flat
marshlands and farm fields. The western part of South Jersey is
virtually indistinguishable, in culture and looks, from major portions
of rural Delaware.
In the warmer months it comes to life (sometimes in the form of
greenheads
and mosquitos and the oft seen philadelphian bennie).

-- Rob
Here in NJ we either get fat cat governors or little thugs

First girl I ever fell in love with was from Piscataway.......I
sometimes wonder what ever happened to her.

Wolfgang

hmmm, Piscataway. When I was growing up in Metuchen back in the 60's,
this area was 90% farmlands. Today, I don't believe there is one farm
in the county.

Your girlfriend is probably lost in a maze of twisty industrial parks.
Perhaps you can check in with her family to see if they've contacted
the FBI?

-- Rob
Old July 15th, 2004, 02:48 AM
-- Rob

"In New Jersey everything is legal if you don't getcaught."

B Dylan

ah so that's why my old hippie friend Pat loved Dylan...sure wasn't for the
singing

-- Rob (and I think McGreaveMe just got "caught")

Old July 15th, 2004, 02:50 AM
-- Rob

After she got the card,
she* was going to be the only one facing the cold and ugly in the dim
dark autumn morning.

exactly!! AAA all the way