spinnerbaits.

Old October 2nd, 2006, 05:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Muskoka Fisherman

Default spinnerbaits.

Just wondering do you have lots of different styles and colours of
spinner baits? Or do you have a kit with different skirts in it so
you only have to change the skirt colour?

Old October 2nd, 2006, 06:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now

On 2 Oct 2006 09:31:55 -0700, "Muskoka Fisherman"
wrote:

Just wondering do you have lots of different styles and colours of
spinner baits? Or do you have a kit with different skirts in it so
you only have to change the skirt colour?

To see the best in spinnerbaits check this site.
www.secretweaponlures.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Muskoka Fisherman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just wondering do you have lots of different styles and colours of
spinner baits? Or do you have a kit with different skirts in it so
you only have to change the skirt colour?

I used to carry pounds and pounds of spinnerbaits in different sizes, colors
and blade configurations.

Now I just carry about a dozen of these.....

http://www.secretweaponlures.com
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
SimRacer

"Muskoka Fisherman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just wondering do you have lots of different styles and colours of
spinner baits? Or do you have a kit with different skirts in it so
you only have to change the skirt colour?

I carry a few of different sizes, and sometimes different blade shapes and
colors. But blades can be changed easily on several SB models, and skirts
changed even easier. I'd guess right now I have 10 total spinnerbaits in the
bag, with spare blades of differing colors/shapes and a few different skirt
colors to change around on them too. And sometimes a few stinger/trailer
hooks to add on to them if they are getting short bit without getting a
hookset.

Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Brendan

Muskoka Fisherman wrote:
Just wondering do you have lots of different styles and colours of
spinner baits? Or do you have a kit with different skirts in it so
you only have to change the skirt colour?

The great thing about spinnerbaits is that they are so customizable.

I carry a few spinnerbaits and a collection of different blades and
skirts. I like to match the hatch and water colour/temperature.

Here are some of the loose rules that I use.

Blades -

Cold water - Big colorado blades (The round ones.) which allow me to
retrieve nice and slowly. Usually in bronze colour. (Subtlety in colour,
brutality in vibration seems to work for me.)

Clear water - Willow leaf blades. They allow me to burn the bait so the
fish don't have too much time to turn their noses up at it. In silver.

Murky water - Dual blades One Colorado for vibration, one BIG silver
willow leaf for flash and vibration. (Black and red would work as well.)

Skirts -

Bass prey tends to take on the colour of the water.

Hope this helps a bit.