Scoobey's back. Still got striped long johns...

Old October 29th, 2003, 09:12 PM

Default Scoobey's back. Still got striped long johns...

Hi, guys! Long time no post. Haven't been involved much since the Penn's
Creek Diving Club trip a couple years ago. Anyone remember me?

In case anyone cares: my law practice is now a thing of the past -- I now
consider myself a "recovering attorney" (12-step program, I call my buddy if
I get an overwhelming urge to dissemble, etc.). Instead, I'm using the same
training and experience trying to get a mediation and arbitration practice
off the ground -- ie, helping people resolve their problems instead of
exacerbating them.

Family (wife, 2 girls 8 and 9) have moved recently to Eugene (wife's going
back to school, studying landscape architecture). Haven't fished much at all
since Penn's; took up mountaineering and have been volunteering with
Portland Mountain Rescue (the folks who brought you the Black Hawk helo
rolling down Mt. Hood a year ago -- NOT OUR FAULT!), and had to borrow the
time from somewhere. But with the McKenzie and other great streams in my new
backyard, I need to get back.

When's Penn's next year? If I can make it, I'll definitely be glad to bunk
with you and cut my carryons to just a sleeping bag, instead of the bag,
tent, wood-fired espresso maker, etc.

I noticed several posts and from: Oregon. Anyone in the Eugene area want
to link up, please let me know!!

Scoobey Bellows
Old October 29th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Tom Littleton

Scott:
Check the Penn's thread elsewhere, great to hear from you!
Tom
Old October 29th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Walt Chapman

Hey Scoobey
My wife went attended Law School at U of 0, (read lots of solo fishing
in the area in the mid 80's). Reply off-line for any suggestions. Walt
P.S. Law School paid off. we've been in Alaska since '88

Old October 30th, 2003, 01:12 AM

Good to see you, Tom! Still remembering your moose (elk?) chili with lust...
(that was yours, wasn't it?)
S.
Old October 30th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Frank Reid

Scoobey Bellows

Welcome back muchly. I hope to (will) have a bigger tent this next year, so
there will be a nice place to crash out. Food and camping stuff supplied,
just bring a sleeping bag and your fishing gear.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old October 30th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Tom Littleton

Moose stew was Frank Reid's with the meat source thanks to Mike Shaw. I was
merely the ringleader at this circus!!!
Tom
Old October 31st, 2003, 01:35 AM
Mike

Welcome back Scott....Still remember you standing in Penns at Ingleby with your
broad brim hat and pipe........And yes that was Mainely Moose in that stew of
whats his names

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick