Silly Question

Old September 21st, 2004, 01:52 PM
Bob La Londe

Default Silly Question

"Brad Coovert" wrote in message

You can put the Daiwas out on the curb. ;-)

I dunno about that. Some of the best overall reels I have had are Daiwas.
Probably the best pitching reel I have is a Daiwa 150i. Thats putting heads
up against my Shimanos Curado, Pflueger President, and Quantums Accurist
400s and 500s.

For years growing up I had a Daiwa 250RL spinning reel that performed well
for everything from small stocker trout to 10+ pound stripers. My dad has
another Daiwa that he bought the same day I bought that 250RL back in the
70s that he would still be using today if he hadn't lost a screw when
cleaning it. He keeps it in a plastic bag in his desk hoping he will find a
replacement screw for it. We bought those for about half price at a store
in Prescott when Yellow Front was going out of business for anybody who can
remember when that was.

I do admit that Daiwa has made some cheap reels for consumer consumption
through places like Wal-Mart and K-Mart, but their mid price and more
expensive reels have dones fairly well for me. I was just thinking on this
subject last night and thinking I might give some of the mid price Team
Daiwa reels a try for next season.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

Old September 21st, 2004, 02:22 PM
Charles Summers

Two Choices....

A: Send them back to Wal-Mart for replacement. Oh wait a minute, you're not
THAT person so...

B: Call Don Beck, address and phone number below.
Fisherman's Blessing
4824 Old Hickory Rd.
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615) 232-5999

"go-bassn" wrote in message
OK, I've got a pile of high-end broken reels. I have no idea what's wrong
with any of them, but if a reel malfunctions it joins this exclusive club

in
my garage. Mostly Daiwa's & Shimano's. Casting & spinning.

Where can I send to have them fixed & reconditioned? Got a link?

I'd love to get them back in perfect order again.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Old September 21st, 2004, 03:26 PM
Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)

Don Beck
Fisherman' Blessing
4824 Old Hickory Blvd.
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615) 232-5999

Old September 21st, 2004, 03:26 PM
Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)

Don Beck
Fisherman' Blessing
4824 Old Hickory Blvd.
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615) 232-5999

Old September 21st, 2004, 03:40 PM
BassMr

Don does great work.He made some of my old Shimano Speedmasters I bought in
the mid 80s like new again.

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
Two Choices....

A: Send them back to Wal-Mart for replacement. Oh wait a minute, you're

not

Old September 21st, 2004, 06:57 PM
go-bassn

Rest assured I'm not using the cheap Daiwa's. I'm using TD-x's & TD
spinners. I love them. My best TD-X's, by theway, are the ones I bought
roughly 6-8 years ago.

Warren