Now This is Exciting...

Old October 7th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Chris Rennert

Default Now This is Exciting...

Is that a 12" size limit in Pitt?
"go-bassn" wrote in message
A bit less? I'll say. I'd guess that tournament will be won with 25

pounds
or less (3 days).

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Alwaysfishking" wrote in message
news
Like I said they will be lucky to get that, I think it will be a bit

less
but who knows time will tell.
"go-bassn" wrote in message
Randy, a 12# bag is considered a good one in most Classics, including
this
past year's.

Warren

"Alwaysfishking" wrote in message
Has nothing to do with turning in big bags of fish Chris..Remember

the
Classic will be held in Pittsburgh next year. They will be lucky to

weigh
5 fish limit for 12 lbs from what I hear.. That should be a doozy!!!

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
. ..
Wow, I am not saying that it isn't true, but that doesn't sound

like
Mid-Western people. Then again I really wouldn't know because I
guess

am
not an outsider.
That cannot be the reason though, hell they get shot at in

Louisiana
:-).

We have so many big watersheds here such as the Winnebago chain

that
can
turn out 15lb 5 fish limits , Madison chain, which I have seen turn

out
20lb
limits. And then of course you have Green Bay (Sturgeon Bay) and
that
is
smallmouth factory where if you don't have a 4lb average limit you

might
as
well not weigh in. It is not like we don't have the facilities to

host
big tournament, maybe it is just to far off the beaten path, but

that
logic
is flawed because the go to Lake St. Claire in Michigan. Really we

also
have the Mississippi river which turns out really good limits. I

think
they
let that Chicago Classic turn them off to this area. It is not my

fault
the
wind blew out of the east for 3 days at 15mph.
Oh well, it just sux that I will probably have to move south

(nothing
against moving south, I just love it up here because I have my

steelhead
fishing as well) to pursue that dream.
oh well,

Chris
"Joe Z" wrote in message
The last time BASS was on Lake Minnetonka in Minnesota they were
treated
like illegal immigrants by the rich & snobbish on that lake. I

was
there
one
day and talked to some of the wives on the dock waiting for the

weigh
in.
Mrs. Woo Daves told me they were harassed by local police and

water
patrol.
Even traffic stops where cops asked to search their boats. There

were
few
other stories but my memory is fuzzy after that many years. ;-)

Joe
Z.

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
Once again the mid-west gets the shaft from B.A.S.S....... I

don't
understand, it, I wonder if they base it on magazine

subscriptions?
Oh well, it will make it that much sweeter :-)

haha

Chris
"go-bassn" wrote in message

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmast...eries_launch.h
tml

Old October 7th, 2004, 04:23 AM
go-bassn

Yup. Chris, those rivers wouldn't make the top 100 list of bass waters in
PA, and this is a very weak state in terms of quality big waters.

Warren

Old October 7th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Chris Rennert

Warren,

Man, that sux, If we had a 12" size limit here on The Winnebago system I
would pull a limit every time out :-), as would everyone :-)

Chris

Old October 8th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Joe Z

Default Now This is Exciting...Warren/Chris

I agree with Warren. The Minnetonka event set some records at the time for
most limits caught. Old Irwin Jacobs probably does not want to upset his
rich neighbors on "Tonka again though. I don't think he got any grief when
he put on the Don Shelby Charity event there for several years. Pro events
are different. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/volunteer.../tournies.html
I remember Guido fishing it a few times. Oh by the way Chris, the local
population was great according to the pros. It was the power elite that did
the harassment by proxy through the local officials. Joe Z.

"go-bassn" wrote in message
It's all about the cash that they're offered by various hosts Chris. I know
the last Minnetonka event was amazing...

WW

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
. ..
Warren,

I wanted to get your opinion on why B.A.S.S don't come to Wisconsin &
Minnesota at all???

Chris

Old October 13th, 2004, 02:17 AM
RGarri7470

Once again the mid-west gets the shaft from B.A.S.S....... I don't
understand, it, I wonder if they base it on magazine subscriptions?
Oh well, it will make it that much sweeter :-)

I am pretty sure they base it on past experiences filling tournaments in areas.
This trail is to compete directly with BFL. The first one was held at Lake
Martin last Sunday while I was there - understand they had only 80 boats.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 13th, 2004, 02:21 AM
RGarri7470

Man, that sux, If we had a 12" size limit here on The Winnebago system I
would pull a limit every time out :-), as would everyone :-)

Chris

Lots of folks think that, but experience shows it just don't work that way.
West Point Lake here was a 12 inch limit from the time it was built until 1983
- and we caught loads of 11 inch bass. Size was raised to 16 inches in 83 and
we landed loads of 15 inch bass. Then the size was dropped three years ago to
14 inches. Guess what? We now catch loads of 13 inch fish.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com