Sizing rod tips..

Old October 17th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

Default Sizing rod tips..

You could also use a drill index to size the blank, take the drill from
that hole with you and try it inside of the tip, no?
--
Steve

"Illinois Fisherman" wrote in message
m...
Go to a hardware store with the rod. They have size charts for bolts in

MM.
get the outside diameter size and you will them know the inside diameter

of
the tip you need.

---

Old October 17th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Christopher P. Cericola

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" wrote in message
Poke a hole with the nail G. Doc

That's pretty much what I did..I took the old tip and poked it into the
package. 6 matched up pretty well, 6.5 looked close too so I bought
both..gotta return the 6.5 The glue is setting..the guy there recommended I
tie a thread around it and glue that down for extra support. I'll see how
it handles.

Thanks again.

Christopher

Old October 18th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Illinois Fisherman

I have never lost a tip, nor ever had to replace one.

Coast Guard - Great

Air Force - Better

"AJH" wrote in message
rod tips are measured in 64's of a inch. not mm's

Old October 18th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

That's what makes this group the best on the www ;-)
--
Steve
"Marty" wrote in message
That sounds pretty good--why didn't I think of that?

---

Old October 19th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Richard Liebert

I go to a web site that sells rod blanks and find the blank that exactly
matches the rod that needs a tip. I just did this with an Allstar Rod. I
went to the Allstart web site and found my blank (7' Carolina Rig MH
Baistcaster). The chart will tell you what size tip to buy. If you can't
find the OEM, try MUDHOLE or Custom Tackle Supply. Cabelas also has charts.

"Christopher P. Cericola" wrote in message
groups.com...
I'm trying to replace the tip on my baitcaster and unfortunately my local
tackle shop didn't have any tips in stock. I checked out Sports Authority
and they had the tips but I didn't know what size to get. I spoke to the
person running the fishing section and asked that I bring my rod in. He
gave me the size he thought was right but unfortunately, it wasn't. I can
fit the previous tip into the hole of the new tip. So, back to Sports
Authority tomorrow...

So is there a way to tell? Is it just an eyeball game? Should I just

order
the 3-pack from Fuji and hope that I get the size I need?

Christopher