Your Top 5 Lures

Old May 29th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Bucket Mouth

Default Your Top 5 Lures

Just for the fun of it, list your top 5 bass lurs that you can't live
without. Try to be specific (brand, size, color, how you rig/fish it).

Heres mine.

1. Terminator Spinnerbaits-3/8 ounce-white skirt, double willow silver
blades

2. Picasso Spider Jig with an Uncle Josh jumbo pork frog-1/4 ounce jig
in brown/orange color with an orange pork frog

3. Bass Assassin'-Shad Assassin in Albino Shad color with a 5/0
Gamakatsu hook

4. Rapala Skitter Pop-Frog color-my favorite topwater lure

5. PowerBait Power Craw-Pumpkin/orange color-Texas rigged with a 3/8
ounce bullet weight and 4/0 Gamakatsu hook

Okay, your turn.

Old May 29th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

#1 31/2" salt tube, rigged......uncountable ways

#2 "T" rig worms, pegged with a bobber stop only if the worm floats

#3 Jiggin' worm/craw/curly tails/pig

#4 Dart fish, slugo, floating worm...... nail weighted and weightless
rigged.
(aren't air nails just the best for this, 1" bradnails rock! Put 'em
at each end too)

Old May 29th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Thundercat

On Sat, 29 May 2004 13:44:47 -0500, (Bucket
Mouth) wrote:

Just for the fun of it, list your top 5 bass lurs that you can't live
without. Try to be specific (brand, size, color, how you rig/fish it).

Heres mine.

1. Terminator Spinnerbaits-3/8 ounce-white skirt, double willow silver
blades

2. Picasso Spider Jig with an Uncle Josh jumbo pork frog-1/4 ounce jig
in brown/orange color with an orange pork frog

3. Bass Assassin'-Shad Assassin in Albino Shad color with a 5/0
Gamakatsu hook

4. Rapala Skitter Pop-Frog color-my favorite topwater lure

5. PowerBait Power Craw-Pumpkin/orange color-Texas rigged with a 3/8
ounce bullet weight and 4/0 Gamakatsu hook

Okay, your turn.

1. Black 5" Senko (but any combination of black / green will do)
rigged texas skin hooked. If fish it like an infomercial...Set it and
forget it. Lift and drop. Rinse and repeat.

2. Chartreuse and white 3/8 oz Secret Weapon spinnerbail with a gold
turtleback blade. Cast out, reel back, bang it off of everything I
can.

3. Lunker City 5 3/4" Fin-S Fish in golden shiner fished on a 3/0
Lunker City Texposer hook w/ 30 lb Power Pro. Jerk and drop in weeds,
pockets, pads, wood...

4. 1/2 oz Chrome w/ blue back Original Rat-L-Trap. Tops of weeds. Grip
it and rip it.

5. Mesa Tackle 4" Belly Shad in the original color (don't know the
name). Drop Shot.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.
Old May 29th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Brad Coovert

1) 1/4 oz. Lunker Lure Rattleback Jig, Green Pumpkin with ZOOM Super Chunk Jr.
trailer, same color

2) 4" Prowler Flipping Tube in Road Kill Camo with 4/0 EWG hook and 1/4 oz.
unpegged Top Brass black bullet weight

3) ZOOM Baby Brush Hog, Watermelon Candy, C-rigged on a 2/0 EWG hook, 3/4 oz.
weight, 2'-3' leader

4) Yamamoto 5" Senko, Green Pumpkin Candy with 4/0 straight shank, wide gap,
round bend Gamakatsu hook and 1/4 oz. screw in black Gambler Rattling weight

5) 1/2 oz. Jimmy Houston Cordell Rattle Spot, Discontinued Bleeding Shiner

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Old May 29th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Bob Rickard

My first two are my own spinnerbaits. This is for real because I do fish
spinnerbaits at least half the time, and have been doing so for many, many
years.

1. A 3/16 oz. Secret Weapon Baby Bass spinnerbait with tandem Indiana
blades. I fish this shallow, near the bank edge and other visual cover. I
vary & mix retrieve speeds (never constant) from slow & steady to quick
spurts. This is my personal secret weapon.

2. A 1/2 oz. Secret Weapon Citrus Shad spinnerbait (soon to be added to our
internet offerings) with tandem Willowleaf blades. I usually remove the
front blade (a smaller Colorado) and fish this one deeper with varying
retrieves.

3. A pumpkin/orange Gene Larew spider jig (hula grub) on a 1/4-1/2 weedless
jig head. I like to crawl this beast across rocky bottoms with great
results.

4. A small #7 regular Rapala floating minnow in silver with black back. I
fish this one on ML spinning gear in the same locations as #1 above, using
slow twitches and quick, short dives. Severe fun!

5. A larger Pradco Spittin' Image in Tennessee Shad. I fish this thing in
any depth or structure, retrieving it anywhere from short twitches to dog
walkin'.

Note that while my #1 & #4 choices are both smaller lures, the results they
produce can run about as large as any.
--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old May 30th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bucket Mouth" wrote in message
Just for the fun of it, list your top 5 bass lurs that you can't live
without. Try to be specific (brand, size, color, how you rig/fish it).

In no specific order, my favorite 5 lures are....

Secret Weapon Spinnerbait - 1/2 oz. Firetiger with a small silver Colorado
and a gold Oklahoma blade. Typically fished in/around heavy cover and
in/through weed growth. I like to start the retrieve immediately upon
splashdown and work it right under the surface, over the tops of the weeds,
letting it helicopter into holes.

Soft plastic jerkbait - FinS or Zoom, in baby bass, white, shad, watermelon,
with a 5/0 Gamakatsu EWG hook. Texas rigged, I like to skip these under
boat docks and overhanging tree limbs. Twitch, pause, twitch twitch,
pause.....

Cool Lures Ice Pick - Texas rigged, another excellent boat dock lure. This
one I skip under and simply let fall.

Berkely Power Tubes - 4" Rigged on a standard ball head jig, push the jig
in the back, up to the nose, push the line tie through and tie on.
Pumpkinseed, watermelon or black. Most hits come on the fall, but I've had
good results simply dragging them on the bottom, without additional action
imparted.

Rapala Suspending Husky Jerk - 6" model in clown color. Fished erratically
with a jerk and a pause type retrieve.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 30th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Charles B. Summers

Top five... in no particular order.

1. 3/8oz Secret Weapon Lures Green Goddess, with a single #4.5 Turtleback
blade. Works well, anyway you fish it.

2. 7" Original Powerworm, Red Shad, fished Texas style with 5/16oz weight,
8mm glass bead.

3. 4" Zipper Worms, fished the same as Number 2.

4. Original Floating Rapala, Gold #5. Sometimes, you can catch fish on these
anyway you want to fish them too.

5. Zoom Super Fluke, pearl white.

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old May 30th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Craig Baugher

1. Crooked Creek Salty Tubebait - 3-1/2"
2. 1/2-ounce Green/Pumpkin Flipping Jig-n-#11 Brown Uncle Josh Pork
3. Excalibur Spit'n Image (Gizzard Shad)
4. 1/2-ounce Lipless (Chrome/Blue back)
5. 5" Senko

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Old May 30th, 2004, 01:50 AM
Craig Baugher

Bob, I know you're a spinnerbait expert, but everything I have read about
your personal fishing has you using some type of soft plastic. Is this
because on the days you fished with Joe & Charles, the water was flat calm?
Do you ever throw a spinnerbait on calm water or does it have to have at
least a few waves before you throw one? I also agree with you, Gene Larew
makes some excellent lures, and I love their Green Pumpkin/Orange Craws.