Senko's

Old June 26th, 2004, 08:36 PM
alwaysfishking

Default Senko's

And I was right there with you guys when it came to using senko's. Nothing
but the real thing, maybe a lot of it is confidence but a 50 pack of wacko's
will produce the same amount of fish as a 50 pack of senkos on my boat, and
I don't care who you are. Is there a time and place for originals? Yes,
Burger King, Pepsi, Breyers Ice Creame, You bet. But soft plastics at 60
cents a piece? Not in my lifetime, not when there are others that produce
just as good at half the cost. Maybe if I was more of a recreational angler
I would just stick with the senkos, But I can easily lose/use 70 of these a
week and at 60 cents each thats $42.00. This obsession of mine is not cheap
to begin with, never mind an additional 20-40 bucks a week for rubber worms.
Just my two cents...ok more like 4 cents : -0

"Thundercat" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 14:27:38 -0400, "go-bassn"
wrote:

Something to think about Zimmy - as much as you like bass fishing, just

how
much is a 100-fish-day worth to you? Would you pay $60 if I guaranteed

you
a century day?

What Mr Rickard is saying makes perfect sense (as usual). $7

spinnerbaits
that hammer fish are a relative bargain, as are 60-cent plastics that

kick
butt.

There are a bunch of guys making imitation Senko's, but do you think Mr
Yamamoto is worried?

I think not. As for me, I'll keep shelling out my $60/100 for the real
McCoy ;-)

Warren

Randy and Dave laughed at me today because I still fish Gary's product
and haven't switched to the Wacko.

I'm sure there are a few reasons I haven't switched to one of the
knock-off sticks yet. Firstly, it's one of the few things in which I
have brand loyalty. Along with Shimano reels, St. Croix rods (and/or
blanks), Secret Weapon spinnerbaits and Lunker City Fin-S Fish. Simply
the best at what they are and what they do IMO.

Secondly, I have tried many of the knock-off sticks and simply I
haven't found any that do the job any better than the real Senko.

Lastly is confidence. I believe in them.

$5.98 for a pack of worms? Heck yeah. For every ten pack I can
reasonably expect to catch 3-4 fish (or more). Sounds like a bargain
to me!

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Old June 26th, 2004, 08:41 PM
go-bassn

Randy buddy, you couldn't be more of a recreational angler! In fact, based
on your stories & photos, you might just be the ultimate recreational angler
:-)

I'm looking forward to doing some recreational angling alongside you soon
buddy.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Old June 26th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Henry Hefner

go-bassn wrote:
Randy buddy, you couldn't be more of a recreational angler! In fact, based
on your stories & photos, you might just be the ultimate recreational angler
:-)

Wrong, Warren, to use drug terms, a recreational user might partake at a
party now and then, but an addict has to have it daily, and has
withdrawal symptoms if he doesn't get it. I've never met Randy, but from
his posts I can tell he's a full-fledged, chum snortin', wall-eyed, lure
painting, photo taking bass-head!
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Bob Rickard

Amen to that!
--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old June 26th, 2004, 09:55 PM
alwaysfishking

I have to agree with you Henry. It is only getting worse. I can't get enough
fishing in and this come from someone that gets out once or twice a day most
days. When I was just fishing from shore, I couldn't get enough. Now that I
am out on the puddle pusher, it's a daily thing. Like changing my socks or
going to work. It's something I have to do each day. To not do so would be a
waste.

A recreational angler IMO is someone who thinks it might be nice to sit by
the lake with a bobber and some worms every now and then. Much like yourself
Warren I would love to take my bass fishing to another level. One day I
might get that chance. I just want to make sure that if it ever comes along,
I'm ready for it. I live for competition. I could think of nothing better
than fishing against top anglers from around the world and watching that
line run to the left 15 minutes before weigh in right after I pulled my bait
off a lilly pad or stump or rock etc etc etc. :-) Most bass fisherman say
they live for the fight, I fish for the 1 second before I set the hook, not
knowing what just picked up my lure. There is nothing like that feeling in
the world. Hooking a double with Harry today, will be a memory I won't soon
forget.

I also look forward to doing some recreational fishing with you Warren. I've
only fished with you a few times but I have learned much more than you will
ever realize you gave up. I look forward to exploiting that once again..In
the kindest of ways of course ;-)

My name is Randy and I'm a Bassaholic.

Old June 26th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Henry Hefner

alwaysfishking wrote:

My name is Randy and I'm a Bassaholic.

Nice, Randy, you've taken a big step. Now tell us about how last winter
you were trying to decide which would be easier:

1. Move down south so you could fish 365 days a year.
2. Use large parabolic mirrors to keep the ice off your favorite lake.
3. Build a greenhouse over a pool in the backyard to keep a few fish in.

C'mon, you know you did!
Don't think I'm trying to get you to stop, this isn't illegal drugs,
this is the GOOD STUFF!
Old June 26th, 2004, 11:09 PM
alwaysfishking

I tried fishing through the ice a few times but it just didn't work out. I
am not a penguin!!! If changing seasons were not a must for me, then I would
definetly move south. I would love to be able to fish the Big O down in
Florida every day. Now that my friends was a hell of a lake. I just can't
deal with the heat all year long. But I can't say I haven't thought about
the mega millions jackpot and buidling my own dome lake complete with
changing seasons at a push of the button. Now that would be cool. Got to get
some sleep registration for tomorrow tourney is at 3 a.m..and they call me
crazy for getting up early to fish??????????????????

Old June 26th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message SNIP

it's a daily thing. Like changing my socks or
going to work. It's something I have to do each day. To not do so would be

waste.

SNIP

My name is Randy and I'm a Bassaholic.

I've been downwind of you, I think you bass fish more than you change your
socks!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old June 27th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Thundercat

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:36:51 -0400, "alwaysfishking"
wrote:

snip
Just my two cents...ok more like 4 cents : -0

7 fish vs 6 fish...Nuff sed bucko!

Seriously though, Wacko's just never produced for me. It all boils
down to confidence.

Old June 27th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Thundercat

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:24:58 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

"alwaysfishking" wrote in message SNIP

it's a daily thing. Like changing my socks or
going to work. It's something I have to do each day. To not do so would be

waste.

SNIP

My name is Randy and I'm a Bassaholic.

I've been downwind of you, I think you bass fish more than you change your
socks!

I don't care who you are, that's just plain funny!