Deep Water Part 1

Old November 8th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Joshuall

Default Deep Water Part 1

Chris. that's only 3 hours or so from me. We should plan on doing just that.
As season approaches next year keep us in mind.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old November 8th, 2004, 10:38 PM
RichG

OK I've got you both ( Joshual and Chris ) marked as "fishing buddies in
Spring". We'll get together when I head North.

You two, however, might want to catch the Spring whitefish run that used to
occur around Lake Winnebago. I think that was early in March or April????
RichG
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

"Joshuall" wrote in message
news
Rich . . . yer on. + I'd love to get into the largemout and smallies. My
email address is or thevcmgroup at aol.com. My home
phone
number is 815-485-4709. Drop me a note some time and I'll give ya a call.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old November 8th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"RichG" wrote in message
om...
OK I've got you both ( Joshual and Chris ) marked as "fishing buddies in
Spring". We'll get together when I head North.

You two, however, might want to catch the Spring whitefish run that used
occur around Lake Winnebago. I think that was early in March or April????
RichG

Rich,

The spring White BASS run occurs usually in April, on the tail of the
walleye spawn. It is totally dependant on water temps, which is based on
whether the spring is a warm or cold one. Whitefish do not inhabit the
Winnebago System. Any of the rivers that run into Lake Winnebago will be
full of white bass once the water temps get above 45 degrees. When I lived
in Fond du Lac, I used to walk down to the Fond du Lac River on my lunch
hour and catch a mess of the tasty little rascals. They are a lot of fun on
an ultralight spinning rod and will hammer a twitched minnow bait, a small
in-line spinner or a jig and grub combination.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old November 9th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Chris Rennert

Rich,

I am guessing you are referring to the white bass run ??? It isn't as
significant as it used to be, but stll pretty solid in the early spring.

Old November 9th, 2004, 09:05 PM
RichG

Yea, I guess it was the White Bass run. It's only been 40 + years since I
even remember how wonderful everyone spoke about it. It is too early in the
year for me to go to the Frozen North. Rich

Old November 9th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Chris Rennert

Rich,

I dont' even want to be up in the frozen north. It is a good thing my
boat is down right now otherwise I would be going insane , though it is
not frozen yet. I might have to move to pursue my dreams, we will see
what happens :-)

Chris

Old November 9th, 2004, 11:18 PM
RichG

Chris...I live in Houston, TX except for June, July, and August. Event
though Texas fishing is generally considered very good, I live a couple of
hours from either Salt or decent Freshwater fishing.

When I am up in the "Frozen North" I can fish in twenty minutes. I seem to
catch fish nearly every time I throw a rod in the water in the F.N. I'm
spending a lot more time golfing now that I am "home"....since driving two
hours one way doesn't make for a fun day of fishing anymore. I know I am
spoiled, but I like it!

Fishing seems to be great where YOU (Wisconsin) live much of the year. I
know the winters are long, but it still is location, location,
location.......If you live where you can fish all year long...but live too
far to actually be able to do it...that isn't great either. If the
temperatures are in the high 80's and 90's for six or seven..or eight..
months out of each year, fishing isn't as much fun as it was in Wisconsin
either.
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners

. ..