OT-I'm out of here for a while......

Old June 28th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default OT-I'm out of here for a while......

Guys, I know that this is off-topic, but I just can't hold back the news
that was just confirmed this morning.

I am packing up my wife Janet, my son Jim and my cameraman Randy and on July
2, getting on board an airplane. Sometime on July 3, I will be getting off
said airplane to begin a 14 day safari in South Africa!

This has been a dream of mine since I saw my first Johnny Weismueller
"Tarzan" movie at age 5, that was 43 years ago. And now, I'm heading there
with my .300 Win Mag, my .50 caliber muzzleloader and a bow to shoot a
warthog and various plains game animals with Andrew McLaren Safaris in South
Africa.

How cool is that?
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old June 28th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Chris Rennert

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
Guys, I know that this is off-topic, but I just can't hold back the news
that was just confirmed this morning.

I am packing up my wife Janet, my son Jim and my cameraman Randy and on July
2, getting on board an airplane. Sometime on July 3, I will be getting off
said airplane to begin a 14 day safari in South Africa!

This has been a dream of mine since I saw my first Johnny Weismueller
"Tarzan" movie at age 5, that was 43 years ago. And now, I'm heading there
with my .300 Win Mag, my .50 caliber muzzleloader and a bow to shoot a
warthog and various plains game animals with Andrew McLaren Safaris in South
Africa.

How cool is that?

Congratulations Steve. Please take a TON of pictures , and have the
time of your life! I know it will be amazing!

Chris
Old June 28th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Bass_Mr.

AWESOME!
I remember you telling me you were going when we fished the MTC Steve.Have a
great trip,be safe,and bring it back to show us on Outdoor Frontiers!
Man that is cool!

. ..

Old June 28th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Charles B. Summers

Kill something there for me Steve! Have a great time!!!

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

Old June 28th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Dwayne E. Cooper

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:08:30 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

Guys, I know that this is off-topic, but I just can't hold back the news
that was just confirmed this morning.

I am packing up my wife Janet, my son Jim and my cameraman Randy and on July
2, getting on board an airplane. Sometime on July 3, I will be getting off
said airplane to begin a 14 day safari in South Africa!

This has been a dream of mine since I saw my first Johnny Weismueller
"Tarzan" movie at age 5, that was 43 years ago. And now, I'm heading there
with my .300 Win Mag, my .50 caliber muzzleloader and a bow to shoot a
warthog and various plains game animals with Andrew McLaren Safaris in South
Africa.

How cool is that?

Super-cool Steve! If you haven't already, this would be a good
time to invest in a good digital camera with a good zoom (10x) and
plenty of batteries and film AND some good binoculars.

I spotted 2 mature bald eagles the other week perched right above
1 another (just feet apart...directly north/south of each other) that
would have made an unbelievable picture...but I forgot my digital
camera!

--
Dwayne E. Cooper, Atty at Law
Indianapolis, IN
Old June 28th, 2005, 06:13 PM
gwilber

Good Luck and have a safe trip. So does that mean we are eating exotic
meats at the Northwoods Classic?

Old June 28th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"gwilber" wrote in message
oups.com...

Good Luck and have a safe trip. So does that mean we are eating exotic
meats at the Northwoods Classic?

Unfortunately no. Customs regulations do not permit importation of the
meat. However, none of the meat will go to waste. What we do not consume
while on the trip (I've been promised a Wart Hog Stew that is not to be
believed), will be donated to local food pantries and villagers. I might
have some black bear steaks left, but I'm not so sure, it is pretty tasty
stuff.

Never fear though, you won't go hungry on Saturday night at the Northwoods.

Old June 28th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Jim Laumann" wrote in message

Steve

Best of luck.

Jim

Thank you, I'm sure I'll have tons of tales to bore everyone to tears with.

Old June 28th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
SNIP
Congratulations Steve. Please take a TON of pictures , and have the time
of your life! I know it will be amazing!

Chris

Thanks Chris. I will do that, tons of pictures and miles of video. Plus
memories to last a lifetime.