Randy, Here's the Kicker...

Old November 29th, 2005, 04:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Randy, Here's the Kicker...

"Roker" wrote in message news:8vOif.46323$

here. And I'll take your sales pitch with " a grain of that unique salt".

Snort. LOL

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old November 29th, 2005, 04:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I think Randy's experiencing all this stuff for the first time, as he's
taking his initial foray into the world of not-working-for-someone-else.
How businesspeople react to criticism is a good gauge of how good they are
at business.

Randy's got an upper hand on this, because he's witness firsthand right here
how NOT to react to criticism & how the public reacts to such behavior
courtesy of Rodney Long.

You'll do fine if you just think of how Rodney would "snap" when
criticized - and just do the opposite. Welcome your detractors, show them
your products & prove to them that you have good stuff.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com

Old November 29th, 2005, 10:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Well said Warren Thanks

--
www.wermieerniebaits.com
Making fish regret their decision on a daily basis

Old November 30th, 2005, 12:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"go-bassn" wrote in message
I think Randy's experiencing all this stuff for the first time, as he's
taking his initial foray into the world of not-working-for-someone-else.
How businesspeople react to criticism is a good gauge of how good they are
at business.

Randy's got an upper hand on this, because he's witness firsthand right

here
how NOT to react to criticism & how the public reacts to such behavior
courtesy of Rodney Long.

You'll do fine if you just think of how Rodney would "snap" when
criticized - and just do the opposite. Welcome your detractors, show them
your products & prove to them that you have good stuff.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com

Oh, I know all about criticism having been a licensed communications
contractor for 13 years now. Actually I probably wouldn't have thought
twice about it if I had stumbled across Randy's ad myself. I'd have just
figured it was the typical sales hype and looked to see if the product was a
good deal compared to other similar products. You have to admit that was
funny though.

www.YumaBassMan.com

Old November 30th, 2005, 03:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Randys response to your post was "well said, thanks"
Unfortunately he followed none of your suggestions in the previous posts.
He reacted with indignation, made his lemonade post, stuck his chest out,
challenged me, told me to save "MY Bulls***, then tweaked me to his
killfile. If he's got an upper hand on how not to react to criticism,as you
said, then that upper hand must have been busy with his "unique pouring
system" at the time.
As Bob L. said, show me something new, with good value and save the hype.
With some of the things that have been marketed to fishermen through the
years, perhaps I'm in the minority. A couple of years ago, I purchased BPS
Stikos at the Dania FL store for $1.88 per bag of 20. Value? I think so.
There sure is a lot of salt in the bags. Can't tell if it's unique or not.
Looks like Morton's or Diamond Crystal. As good as the original or any of
the other knockoffs? Again , I think so.......but until I can get any of the
others for under 2 bucks per 20, I won't know!!!!! LOL

Old November 30th, 2005, 05:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 03:57:24 GMT, "Roker"
wrote:

Randys response to your post was "well said, thanks"

I'm with Charles on this one. I don't see why this was even brought to
rofb in the first place if not to rattle cages...

Randy replied in kind, and it went on a tangent from there.

As for the salt, I believe he uses salt from evaporated nutsack sweat.
That unique enough for you?

I'm sorry. That was totally inappropriate wasn't it?

Thundercat
Share the knowledge, compete on execution...
Old November 30th, 2005, 10:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Thundercat wrote:
I'm with Charles on this one. I don't see why this was even brought to
rofb in the first place if not to rattle cages...

and there in lies the problem I "had" with the original post

Old November 30th, 2005, 02:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Remember Randy... "Don't feed the trolls".

Old November 30th, 2005, 02:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Roker wrote:
Randys response to your post was "well said, thanks"
Unfortunately he followed none of your suggestions in the previous posts.
He reacted with indignation, snip

I think indignation was an appropriate response to your
public criticisms in this forum. If you had wanted to
make constructive criticism you could have emailed Randy
privately instead of making his unique salt the butt of
a public joke.

Just my $.02, and it's worth at least half that. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old December 1st, 2005, 05:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
I think indignation was an appropriate response to your
public criticisms in this forum. If you had wanted to
make constructive criticism you could have emailed Randy privately snip

You guys really need to review this thread. You will find that in my first
post I suggested that it probably should have been done privately on Ebay.
You know both Ebay and this newsgroup are public. Have you ever seen Jay
Lenos "Found on Ebay"....Now that would have been exposure.
Evidently Bob L and myself were the only ones to find the original post and
commentary provided by Imis-idora nothing more than some busting of chops.
Charles asked why it was posted, and Randy indicated he must have altered
the flavor of the posters beverage.
It was then that I responded that it was bass related, etc........
I was then challenged, told to save my BS.............you can review if
necesssary. Now I'm called a troll by Charles? LOL ..Hardly.... I look at
this newsgroup about once every 2 weeks and post on average about once every
2 years. Is that a part time troll? I do want to thank Thundercat for
sharing the secret. I guess that explains the dress I need to wear. Do I
attach a bucket to the inside of my thigh for the product? Kind of like
harvesting maple syrup? :-)
Again , I saw this as some ball bustin', and in retrospect, do you think it
could have been Charles and Randy emailing the original poster privately,
rather than taking the stance they did?