Proud Grandpa again!

Old May 17th, 2009, 12:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

Default Proud Grandpa again!

Most of ya know how I brag about my son John, and my grandson
Jordan...they fish some of the tournaments together, and Jordan always
holds his own. But this time I'm bragging about my other grandson,
Austin. He's 15, and lives in Alabama. I took him down a bunch of
fishing gear last Christmas, and he really got into bass fishing this
spring. Today he caught a 12 lb. bass fishing with his other grandpa!
When he called me, he was so excited he could hardly talk....told me he
caught it on one of the baits I took down, a "smoke" colored soft shad
bait.

My son in law called afterwards, his daddy, and told me he thinks we may
have created a "monster"...said all Austin is talking about now is
getting a bass boat, and more gear!

John B (bragging a little)

Old May 17th, 2009, 03:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"John B" wrote in message

Most of ya know how I brag about my son John, and my grandson
Jordan...they fish some of the tournaments together, and Jordan always
holds his own. But this time I'm bragging about my other grandson,
Austin. He's 15, and lives in Alabama. I took him down a bunch of
fishing gear last Christmas, and he really got into bass fishing this
spring. Today he caught a 12 lb. bass fishing with his other grandpa!
When he called me, he was so excited he could hardly talk....told me he
caught it on one of the baits I took down, a "smoke" colored soft shad
bait.

My son in law called afterwards, his daddy, and told me he thinks we may
have created a "monster"...said all Austin is talking about now is
getting a bass boat, and more gear!

John B (bragging a little)

Nothing wrong with that John, nothing at all. Feel free to brag anything
about something like that! Knowing you had a hand in the creation of that
"monster" makes it even more special.... :-)
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 17th, 2009, 04:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Thats great! Congratulations to him - and to you.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old May 19th, 2009, 06:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Cheeky Bastard

John B wrote:
Most of ya know how I brag about my son John, and my grandson
Jordan...they fish some of the tournaments together, and Jordan always
holds his own. But this time I'm bragging about my other grandson,
Austin. He's 15, and lives in Alabama. I took him down a bunch of
fishing gear last Christmas, and he really got into bass fishing this
spring. Today he caught a 12 lb. bass fishing with his other grandpa!
When he called me, he was so excited he could hardly talk....told me
he caught it on one of the baits I took down, a "smoke" colored soft
shad bait.

My son in law called afterwards, his daddy, and told me he thinks we
may have created a "monster"...said all Austin is talking about now is
getting a bass boat, and more gear!

John B (bragging a little)

The Good Grandpa

A woman in a grocery store happens upon a grandfather and his poorly
behaved three year-old grandson. It's obvious to her that Gramps has
his hands full with the child screaming for candy in the candy aisle,
cookies in the cookie aisle; same for fruit, cereal and soda in their
respective aisles. Meanwhile, Gramps is working his way around, saying
in a controlled voice, "Easy, Albert, we won't be long -- Easy, boy."

Another outburst and she hears Gramps calmly say, "its okay, Albert,
just a couple more minutes and we'll be out of here. Hang in there,
boy."

At the checkout, the little terror is throwing items out of the cart,
and Gramps again in a controlled voice is says, "Albert, Albert, relax
buddy, don't get upset. We'll be home in five minutes; stay cool,
Albert."

Very impressed, the woman goes outside where Gramps is loading his
groceries and the boy into the car.

"You know, sir, it's none of my business, but you were amazing in
there. I don't know how you did it. That whole time, you kept your
composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just
calmly kept saying things would be okay... Albert is very lucky to
have you as his grandpa."

"Thanks, lady," said Gramps, "But actually, I'm Albert -- the little
*******'s name is Steve."

CB

Old May 19th, 2009, 04:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"John B" wrote in message

Most of ya know how I brag about my son John, and my grandson
Jordan...they fish some of the tournaments together, and Jordan always
holds his own. But this time I'm bragging about my other grandson,
Austin. He's 15, and lives in Alabama. I took him down a bunch of
fishing gear last Christmas, and he really got into bass fishing this
spring. Today he caught a 12 lb. bass fishing with his other grandpa!
When he called me, he was so excited he could hardly talk....told me he
caught it on one of the baits I took down, a "smoke" colored soft shad
bait.

My son in law called afterwards, his daddy, and told me he thinks we may
have created a "monster"...said all Austin is talking about now is
getting a bass boat, and more gear!

John B (bragging a little)

Congratulations. One proud grampa is a good thing.