Is this Group Dead?

Old October 28th, 2006, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Steve Walker

Default Is this Group Dead?

In message , Elton Murphy
writes
In article , Steve Walker
writes
In message , David G
writes
Hi,

If no one is posting to this group, where are they posting?

They've mostly drifted away to web-based forums. Many of them are on
Anglers Net, which is run by a former regular on this group.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/

Hey, I still look in and post regularly.....about once a year for the
past three years :-)

Watching for deserters? )

--
Steve Walker
Old October 28th, 2006, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek Moody

In article , Elton Murphy
wrote:

raises floppy (and rather damp) hat

Hi Elton, 'ow's it goin'?

Hey, I still look in and post regularly.....about once a year for the
past three years :-)

It's only regular if you look in on the same date every year...

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/

Old October 30th, 2006, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Ian Hooksem

and I am still here after 7/8 years. changed ID a couple of times, but
always looking in to this and uk.rec.course, and sometimes posting helpful
(or not) responses.
Various good forums exist, as previously posted, but I always think the
usenet groups such as this are a) overall better and more useful on the
right day, and b) a good signposting start point. You ahve to avoid or put
up with, the occasional plank that wants to discuss
fish-feel-pain-and-have-rights-and-i-will-spam-you, or
xxx-see-my-live-porno-action, as the Group is not actively monitored, as far
as I am aware.
Sometimes response times are a bit slow, but thats probably coz we are out
fishing. (I just put a brace of codling in the fridge for tomorrows dinner)

Regards, Ian
I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer,
tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels (Frank Sinatra)

"David G" s u p e r d a v e g e e u wrote in message
Hi,

If no one is posting to this group, where are they posting?

Which are the popular online forums that everyone is using for UK Sea
Fishing discussions?

Thanks

DG