montana...and, fawn lake

Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:44 PM
Charlie Choc

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:14:12 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Tim J. wrote:

Jeff - sorry to interrupt (it's really pretty funny), but since you have
now found Fawn Lake to be real, would you make the trip again? ...

Fawn Weedbed is a *great* touron destination. Just read
the brochures and look at Chuckie Choc's pictures. Hell,
Jeffie recommended it before he'd ever even seen it, it's
*that* good.

Seriously, given all that Yellowstone has to offer nobody
in their right mind would make Fawn Weedbed a fishing
destination or even recommend that grizzly area as one
worth an expensive Yellowstone vacation with a horse
outfitter as Jeffie did sight unseen.

Lots of horses up near there, so somebody fell for the trick.

I've been told to fish it just after ice out, after I
complained bitterly to the author of a guide book about
wasting my time looking at it. And yes Choc, the bitter
complaining did happen while seated on a barstool.

You've never been to Fawn Lake, period. You (or whoever it was who's description
you related earlier) may have been near it, but what you described wasn't Fawn
Lake - it was most likely one of the old weed filled beaver ponds nearby. It's
just that simple.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:17 PM
Jeff

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Tim J. wrote:

Jeff - sorry to interrupt (it's really pretty funny), but since you have
now found Fawn Lake to be real, would you make the trip again? ...

Fawn Weedbed is a *great* touron destination. Just read
the brochures and look at Chuckie Choc's pictures. Hell,
Jeffie recommended it before he'd ever even seen it, it's
*that* good.

Seriously, given all that Yellowstone has to offer nobody
in their right mind would make Fawn Weedbed a fishing
destination or even recommend that grizzly area as one
worth an expensive Yellowstone vacation with a horse
outfitter as Jeffie did sight unseen.

boy, you're obviously consumed with myths...why don't you go look at
what i actually said in that post almost a year ago. you've "hiked by"
my actual comment much like you did fawn lake, eh?

I've been told to fish it just after ice out, after I
complained bitterly to the author of a guide book about
wasting my time looking at it. And yes Choc, the bitter
complaining did happen while seated on a barstool.

wait...amidst your ad hominems, i thought you said fawn lake was a myth
and didn't exist...

jeff

Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
Jeff

John Hightower wrote:

Methinks that you just exposed to the light of day a 40 favorite secret
spot- no! no! stay away don't go there!there ain't no fish there!- yada yada
yada.
jh

some of us assumed that might be forty's response when confronted with
the reality of Fawn Lake...but hell, you gotta admire the fella for
giving truth to the old joke about "that's my story and i'm sticking to
it!" of course, the story does seem to change from time to time.

jeff (good seeing you again john...next time, hope you'll stick around
longer)

Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:26 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Charlie Choc wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Seriously, given all that Yellowstone has to offer nobody
in their right mind would make Fawn Weedbed a fishing
destination ...

You've never been to Fawn Lake, period. ...

You're the one who said there are no weedbeds. Next you'll
tell me there's no marsh. And who's never been there, period ?

You're a funny guy, Choc. When do you say "April Fools" ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Charlie Choc

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:26:16 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Charlie Choc wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Seriously, given all that Yellowstone has to offer nobody
in their right mind would make Fawn Weedbed a fishing
destination ...

You've never been to Fawn Lake, period. ...

You're the one who said there are no weedbeds. Next you'll
tell me there's no marsh. And who's never been there, period ?

You're a funny guy, Choc. When do you say "April Fools" ?

When do you admit you've never been to Fawn Lake? Even allowing for your poor
writing skills, the place you described had to have been somewhere else.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Charlie Choc wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
You're the one who said there are no weedbeds. Next you'll
tell me there's no marsh. And who's never been there, period ?

You're a funny guy, Choc. When do you say "April Fools" ?

When do you admit you've never been to Fawn Lake? Even allowing for your poor
writing skills, the place you described had to have been somewhere else.

OK, have your fun. I don't know how long you intend
to have your little joke run its course but a "lake"
covered fore to aft and stem to stern in thick weeds
doesn't just become weedless in seven or eight years.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:18 PM
Charlie Choc

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:59:30 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Charlie Choc wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
You're the one who said there are no weedbeds. Next you'll
tell me there's no marsh. And who's never been there, period ?

You're a funny guy, Choc. When do you say "April Fools" ?

When do you admit you've never been to Fawn Lake? Even allowing for your poor
writing skills, the place you described had to have been somewhere else.

OK, have your fun. I don't know how long you intend
to have your little joke run its course but a "lake"
covered fore to aft and stem to stern in thick weeds
doesn't just become weedless in seven or eight years.

Like I said, you were never there. There are some places near there like what
you describe, but they are not Fawn Lake - just old beaver ponds.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:24 PM
John Hightower

"Jeff"

jeff (good seeing you again john...next time, hope you'll stick around
longer)

I hope so too- I was really disappointed things didn't work out this year
for the trip. I really would have liked to spent a day fishing with you and
IJ and I really wanted to do slough this year. I did get a day fishing
calibaetis on Quake and I really enjoyed that. Its kind of funny, but I
kind of like still fishing on lakes- relaxing, you can ponder the scenery
and the meaning of life etc. But, I get really bored fishing on big slow
rivers- go figure. I had hoped to squeeze Elk Lake (where IJ skunked us all
last year) and the Ruby in also- but that was just too many miles for a 3
day whirlwind tour.

I don't think I'll ever get the picture of IJ holding a flaming can of white
gas with that look of "uh oh" on his face out of my mind though.

jh

Old July 23rd, 2005, 12:13 AM
Ken Fortenberry

Charlie Choc wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
OK, have your fun. I don't know how long you intend
to have your little joke run its course but a "lake"
covered fore to aft and stem to stern in thick weeds
doesn't just become weedless in seven or eight years.

Like I said, you were never there. ...

Yeah, like I said, you're a funny guy.

--
Ken Fortenberry