Merry Christmas

Old December 24th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Dave LaCourse

Default Merry Christmas

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung
on the ends of a pole which she carried across her
neck. One of the pots had a crack in
it while the other pot was perfect and always
delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walk from the stream to the
house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a
full two years this went on daily,
with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots
of water. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its
accomplishments. But the poor
cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and
miserable that it could only do half of what it had
been made to do.

After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter
failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.
"I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side
causes water to leak out all the way back to your
house."

The old woman smiled, "Did you notice that there are
flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other
pot's side? That's because I have
always known about your flaw, so I planted flower
seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we
walk back, you water them."

"For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful
flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just
the way you are, there would
not be this beauty to grace the house."

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the
cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives
together so very interesting and rewarding. You've
just got to take each person for what they are and
look for the good in them.

To all of my crackpot friends, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

Dave (i know, i know, maudlin)

Old December 24th, 2003, 03:24 PM
JR

Dave LaCourse wrote:

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung
on the ends of a pole which she carried across her
neck. One of the pots had a crack in
it while the other pot was perfect and always
delivered a full portion of water.....

The part I liked most about the story was that you refrained from saying
whether the cracked pot was the one on the left or the one on the
right.

JR

-- Happy holidays, Dave, and to Roffians everywhere
Old December 24th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Bob Patton

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
//good proverb snipped
To all of my crackpot friends, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

Dave (i know, i know, maudlin)

Maudlin or not, it's a good one. Best wishes of the season to all! Looking
forward to seeing some of you folks in the new year.
Bob

Old December 24th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Lennie Richardson

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
nice little fable snipped

To all of my crackpot friends, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

Dave (i know, i know, maudlin)

Health, happiness, love and good fortune to you!

Old December 24th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Francis Reid

awwwww, I love mushy and maudlin

cheers form the GGN (no snow)

and a Merry one to youse guys too.

Peter

He's baaaack. Merry one to all. I want to thank all of you for the fun
I've had this year, at Penns, in Maine (thank you Dave), in California,
all around Maryland and infront of this friggen computer. See you in
the New Year.
Frank Reid
Old December 24th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Dave LaCourse

Lennie writes:

Health, happiness, love and good fortune to you!

I have the happiness, love and good fortune. I sure could use the health
thingy, however. d;o)

Thanks.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old December 24th, 2003, 04:57 PM
slenon

To all of my crackpot friends, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.
Dave

May you all enjoy happy holidays.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/i...age92kword.htm

Old December 24th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Wayne Harrison

"slenon" wrote in message
m...
To all of my crackpot friends, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.
Dave

May you all enjoy happy holidays.

yep. same to all, from
yfitons
wayno (new year's eve with ms. renda macrae speight, late of pitt county,
n.c., down to savannah, jawjuh)

Old December 24th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Tom Littleton

Very nice sentiment, David. Happiest of Holidays to you and all here on
ROFF!!!!

see you ALL at Penn's,
Tom